The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 23, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1
napg19

Makarov will not eject bullets when racking slide.

Hope I'm in the right section with this question. Bear with me guys I'm trying to explain this as simple as I can. On the American made auto's I've owned when I want to test a new mag I would load it up and put in gun and rack slide till mag was empty. I tried this with my Makarov with a used mag I bought and first bullet would go in chamber ready to fire as normal. I rack slide and bullet comes out but next round will not feed. clear the gun and try again and bullet not only would not feed but did a 180 and stuck in gun. I figure a bad mag. I try this with a different mag I used last weekend at the range shooting 200 rounds with this mag and no problems. Same problem. I never tried doing this with the second mag until today. Are Mak's supposed to do this. Sorry this turned into a book to read. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old August 23, 2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Doyle

Sounds like you have a bad magazine. You can try to find out what is bad with the 2nd magazine buy visually comparing the feed lips, etc. of the two. On careful examination, one will probably look slightly different. It may just be a matter of bending a piece one way or another.
Old August 23, 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
napg19

Found problem. Best swallow so you don't spray all over you're key board. Getting older and feeling weak handed tonight, and being a lefty didn't help. Instead of grasping slide with thumb and finger and racking I put right hand over back part of slide and racked. Only on short barreled auto's hand coveres ejection port. O Lord don't take me yet , I've got alot to learn. Thanks for the help, have a good nightzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Any ridicule is always appreciated.
Old August 24, 2011, 06:53 PM   #4
g.willikers

Your invitation for ridicule is very tempting.
However, we have a policy of never insulting the intellectually challenged.
Old August 24, 2011, 08:00 PM   #5
napg19

g.willikers that's good. I have to remember that to use at work. Thanks.