The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 29, 2008, 12:01 PM   #1
triggerhappy2006

Kershaw Blur

I finally picked up another one of these bad boys as my last one was "lost" on a trip to Georgia. If anybody wants a dependable, strong, out of the box razor sharp, tactical folding knife. this is the knife for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kershaw Blur.jpg (116.4 KB, 159 views)
Old December 29, 2008, 01:53 PM   #2
SMITH910

I have 9 carry knives that I switch between carrying and one is the Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. It's one of my favorites. Enjoy your new knife! Knives are like guns, you cannot have too many.
Old December 30, 2008, 10:55 AM   #3
triggerhappy2006

Hey I have never heard of anything like that but I live in the people republik of New York. Sounds really cool. BTW as a member I am obligated to tell new members that "hijacking" other peoples topics will cause problems. I don't care on this one because it was just to show others my new toy.
Old December 30, 2008, 11:38 AM   #4
tranks

i've got (this) Kershaw Leek Serrated, but i think when this one wears out (if thats possible) i'm going to get a non-serrated one. either a fancy one like this or the Random.

the serrated edge is nice but i have no way of sharpening it.

has anyone had the custom laser engraving done?

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old December 30, 2008, 04:50 PM   #5
SMITH910

Quote:
Hey I have never heard of anything like that but I live in the people republik of New York. Sounds really cool. BTW as a member I am obligated to tell new members that "hijacking" other peoples topics will cause problems. I don't care on this one because it was just to show others my new toy.
I have to admit, I don't follow any of that at all. What do you mean?
Old December 30, 2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Playboypenguin

That is exactly the same knife I use for work. The Tanto Blur is a great medium duty knife.
Old December 31, 2008, 08:04 PM   #7
tranks

just bought my second kershaw. after 10 mins of searching on google i found that cheaperthendirt has them for 10-15 cheaper then everyone else.

45 bucks shipped

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old January 1, 2009, 06:57 PM   #8
triggerhappy2006

Quote:
Quote:

I have to admit, I don't follow any of that at all. What do you mean?
Woah!!!!!!!!! either I'm losing my mind or someone deleted a post because there was a post there about a slingshot that holds the ammo in the handle!!! What happened to it I have no idea?!?!?
Old January 1, 2009, 09:19 PM   #9
tranks

haha, i was wondering why SMITH910's post didn't make any sense to me. i didn't notice that they deleted the post about the slingshot.

don't worry triggerhappy2006, i saw it too.

Old January 2, 2009, 10:29 AM   #10
grymster2007

Quote:
there was a post there about a slingshot that holds the ammo in the handle
That was a spammer. Posted same elsewhere here.

I like some of those Kershaws, but I'm not a huge fan of 440A steel. I think it just a bit soft to hold an edge. Fairly easy to sharpen though.
Old January 11, 2009, 10:46 PM   #11
tranks

i got my new kershaw today. i forgot how sharp these things are out of the box!

heres my old one compared to the new... (new on bottom)

i cleaned my old one off for the pic and now it doesn't snap open completely. i oiled it and cleaned it out the best i could without taking it apart. (don't have a bit small enough to remove the screws) i think it must be jealous of the new one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kershaw.jpg (81.2 KB, 157 views)

Old January 12, 2009, 07:17 AM   #12
TDR911

I carried my Kershaw Leek every day for about 5 years untill it finaly fell apart. Lost a screw and the assist spring broke. Great knife. I miss it. Plan on getting another 1 soon. Now I am making my own fixed blade design.

www.TDR911.com
Old January 13, 2009, 11:06 PM   #13
Hirlau

I agree on the Kershaw Blurr, I always carry it, without the serrations.
About 4 years ago I went to the Gun/Knife Show with $400.00 to spend only on a good folder, to use and pass down to my son. I walked out happy with the Blurr, $55.00.

My little brother has carried it on 3 tours of Iraq, as back-up to his Ka-Bar.
Old January 16, 2009, 08:53 PM   #14
herbie1

Quote:
I like some of those Kershaws, but I'm not a huge fan of 440A steel. I think it just a bit soft to hold an edge. Fairly easy to sharpen though.
I don't think Kershaw uses 440A anymore. Mostly they use Sandvik 13C26.

I had a Blur but thought it was a little too bulky.

I have a SS Leek. It is a very nice little knife. The assisted opening spring broke, but I like it just as much w/o the assisted opening.

Even though I really like Kershaws I found that I liked Spydercos even better. They look ugly with that biga$$ hole in the blade, but feel is fantastic.

H.