The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 22, 2006, 11:13 PM   #1
jackel

New Mac not cycling tru full mag

I purchased a full auto cobray Mac 11 last year (new). And I load up a 32 rounder and it shoots in semi. Once in a while it will it will cycle a few rounds at a time. I know the mags suck (zytel plastic mags) I have about 10 mags some brand new they all do the same. I noticed that if you load only about 5 rounds the spring seems to have enough force that it should work. If you load anymore than that the spring dosen't have enough force to snap the rounds up like they should. Also when firing alot of rounds end up on the ground like they are poping out of the mag and out of the gun and onto the ground. The only thing I can think is maybe the mag well (grip) is to tight and is compressing the mags or some thing is wrong with gun. Please let me know if any of you has had this problem thanks:
Old September 23, 2006, 12:37 AM   #2
MisterPX

If you're rounds are popping out of the mags, then it sounds like bad feed lips. This is an expected trait of the zytel mags. Other than that, is the bolt riding over the next round when it fails to fire, or is a round actually jammed into the chamber wall?
Old September 23, 2006, 06:57 AM   #3
shaggy

I've always had good luck with the zytel mags, but they will wear out so check the feed lips. If worn down (and it sounds as if they may be) try some steel feed lip inserts from http://www.max-11.com/

As to it stopping and running in semi - some M11's have problems with the disconnector bouncing up and tripping the sear (mine did). Try removing the disconnector and see if that helps first. You won't have a semi-auto position (it'll be either safe or full), but this alone may solve the problem. If not, check the sear, the sear spring, and the buffer.
Old October 9, 2006, 10:04 PM   #4
jackel

Mac now works in auto (thank you shaggy)

I removed the dissconnector and the machine worked great. I dumped about 4 mags last Sunday with no problem. I still need to get it to fire in auto and in semi. Maybe I need a new dissconnector? Anyone know where I could locate one? Thanks so much, Jackel