The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 26, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Hunterpeaks

Anti's using Fake Twitter accounts to message reps...

If you have a twitter account, might be a good idea to send some messages to balance out this ridiculousness.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...d-gun-control/
Old February 26, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2
BarryLee

As the use of social media becomes more and more popular I guess we should not be surprised to see people attempting to manipulate it. Currently we see people in the very top political positions attempting to misrepresent the issues in the traditional media, so again this is not really a surprise.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old February 26, 2013, 08:18 PM   #3
ltc444

We need to use any and all means to swamp our elected representatives with pro 2A messages.

Remember make them personal and not canned. Call their local offices as well as their DC Office.

Comment on various web sites including the Liberal places like The New Times. As a result of my postings I have received some positive comments from previously anti gun people.

When you discover an error contact the writer or personality and respectfully offer a correction.

For example ABC got caught editing the First Ladies comments on the young girl who was killed outside her school. Ms Obama stated that she was killed by automatic weapons fire. When I learned I immediately contacted the news department and asked how they were able to correct her comments while they routinely falsely report the so called semi-auto assault rifles as full auto.

Do not give them any quarter.
Old February 26, 2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Tickling

This^