The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 4, 2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Webleymkv

What's up with L&P?

I was under the impression that L&P was closed but then I saw this thread with posts that had been made today

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...47#post3068447

Thinking that perhaps L&P had been re-opened, I looked around to see if it was possible to post replies and/or new threads but such didn't appear to be the case. Now I'm really confused
Old October 4, 2008, 06:01 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

That threw me for a loop today too, Webley.

The thread was started in General Discussion. Art moved it to L&P because it didn't belong in GD. I suppose he could have just closed it. It doesn't matter though, the outcome is the same.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old October 4, 2008, 10:28 PM   #3
fburgtx

I still think it's a shame that L&P was closed right before one of the most important elections in years. The fact is, there were 5-10 people who did nothing but post in L&P, couldn't behave themselves/constantly started flame wars, and were allowed to ruin it for the rest of us. This seems to be the dominant trend in society these days. Instead of punishing the guilty (putting armed felons in jail), we decide to punish everyone (ban gun ownership, period). Instead of punishing the trolls, the mods chose to punish everyone. You would think if any segment of society would have recognized this, it would have been a group of gun owners.

To say I am disappointed that the decision was made to punish the many for the sins of the few would be a huge understatement.