The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 28, 2008, 07:29 AM   #1
k Squared

Caldwell HAMMR for $45

I'm no fan of Midway (they won't ship anything to my military address, and they won't ship ammo to New Mexico), but I couldn't resist this deal.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...272&t=11082005

I assume Midway will be dropping the HAMMR from its catalog, but it doesn't look like it will be going out of production. Has anyone heard differently?

Considering the fact that I should still be able to get grip sets from Ransom, I assume I'm covered either way.
Old September 1, 2008, 03:21 PM   #2
geoffsdad

Midway

I have a Hammr and I like it very much. Guns and Ammo TV also uses one for its gun destroying segments. I'm confused though about your claim that Midway doesn't ship ammo here, I live in Albuquerque and get ammo from them all the time.
Old September 1, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
ToeRag

I just bought one too.

used it twice already. I love it.
Old September 6, 2008, 11:13 AM   #4
k Squared

Shipping to NM

geoffsdad,

Based on your note, I decided to try again to get Midway to ship ammo to my Albuquerque address. I got the following message:

PHP Code:
Regulations prohibit us from shipping the following products in the amounts you have requested:

Shopping cart exceeds hazardous materials limits for Cartridgessmall armsMagtech Ammunition 44 Remington Magnum 240 Grain Semi-Jacketed Soft Point Box of 50 Units Ordered6 lbs Maximum units allowed999999 lbs

Please remove the item
(sfrom your Shopping Cart and begin the checkout process again, or close this window and try entering a different shipping addressNOTEWe cannot ship to a P.OBox by UPS or send hazardous materials (e.g., aerosolsflammable liquidsloaded ammunitionprimed brass, and etc.) by USPS
Doing the math myself, I can see that 6 lb is less than 999999 lbs!

I written to Midway's customer service to see if the problem is with their system, or my zip code (87112). I'll let you know what they say.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me your zip code?
Old September 18, 2008, 09:35 PM   #5
old grunt 69

caldwell hammr

I have A Hammr & a Ransom Rest , There is NO comparison. I also have a CHEAP Saturday Nite special . I have A Walther,Colt & S&W I bet my life on. Check out your Hammr grip inserts, do you notice any smearing on the flat surfaces as maybe to obscure something?? Compare the quality of the Hammr inserts to that of an original Ransom insert. BOTTOM LINE!!
'IF YOU WANT THE BEST GET A RANSOM REST'