The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 9, 2000, 12:20 PM   #1
Blitz

I recently aquired a Romak AK47. I don't see any way to adjust windage on the rear sight. Does anyone know if it is even possible to adjust the windage on this rifle?
Old August 9, 2000, 01:39 PM   #2
Battler

Windage is adjusted at the front (with normal sights - although there are some crappy windage-adjustable sights out there).

You get this clamp-looking thing to adjust it - they have them at www.classicarms.org

However, I suspect you may have one of the guns out there with tilted sights - the windage can only be adjusted so far.

Battler.
Old August 9, 2000, 08:58 PM   #3
Dangus

7.62x39 isn't exactly sniper calibur though, nor is the action of an AK particular suitable for that kind of shooting. Windage can be a big deal if you're really picky, but point, guess, and fire seems to work best, lol

------------------
I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me
Old August 10, 2000, 09:21 AM   #4
Battler

Windage adjustment on the AK is simply to zero in the rifle after questionable construction.

Of course, the ones being handed out in the US at the moment seem to be REAL questionably constructed - especially the sight tilt.

Battler.
Old August 10, 2000, 10:48 PM   #5
Blitz

Thanks guys!! I have now found that I need to get one of the windage tools and adjust it at the front. All of your help is greatly appreciated.
Old August 11, 2000, 01:40 AM   #6
Dangus

Get an SA-93, avoid the Norinco stuff, that should solve 90% of all AK problems

------------------
I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me