The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 15, 2001, 08:00 PM   #1
Guyon

Just thought I'd let people know that Botach Tactical is running a 15% off all stock sale. I think now might be a good time for me to get that Streamlight Scorpion.

http://www.botachtactical.com/

I'm not affiliated with Botach in any way. Just thought I'd give a head's up to my fellow TFL'ers.

Old February 17, 2001, 11:12 AM   #2
hksigwalther

Dang

I just got their e-mail noticed and purchased 2 Scorpions before getting on TFL.

Spooky.

To get the discount, you have to type in 'SAVE' in the coupon code area when checking out.
Old February 17, 2001, 11:39 AM   #3
Staff
Staff

I hope you guys have better luck with them then I did. My experience with Botach was utter hell. It took a complaint to my VISA card company in order to get my money back on $1200 worth of BACKORDERED items that never shipped. From my understanding, it's against the law to charge a person's credit card until the product is shipped. Oh well, good luck.
Old February 17, 2001, 11:41 AM   #4
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Sorry, that was me that posted under Staff. I forgot to log out when I posted my reply.
Old February 17, 2001, 06:37 PM   #5
Justin Moore

ALLWAYS call them to see if they have in stock. AND, even if they say "YES" you kind of have to take that with a grain of salt. I called them about some pants and they said 'yes, we have that size' but then they called me back an hour later and said 'no, we DON'T have that size'. Just be careful I have only ordered from them twice now, and so far no major disasters I guess.

Old February 17, 2001, 10:30 PM   #6
Guyon

I only passed along the word because I had a good experience with them. I ordered a Surefire 6z and a Galco holster from them. The 6z got here quick. They told me that they had to order the Galco model I needed, and I explained that I needed it before a particular gun course I was about to take. They got the holster to me (under a week) with time to spare. I did call them a couple of times to check on the status though. Maybe hounding them made the difference. It wasn't that I was worried the holster would never show up; I just wanted to get it on time. They sent it rush mail and didn't charge me any extra shipping than the original order.

Sorry others have had bad experience.

hksigwalther: I hope you and I get our Scorpions without any problem. A friend of mine also ordered one. They don't ship until Monday though (according to the post on their web site, they took a few days off.)
Old February 17, 2001, 11:01 PM   #7
hksigwalther

I had purchased 12 3Vs from them without any problems. Got my first Scorpion from Cabelas and it compares equally to my 6Ps. At $29/ea at Botach, it was too good to pass up. We'll have to wait and see if things go through OK as before but I have faith (and a credit card/bank to back it up with ).
Old February 18, 2001, 02:23 AM   #8
Rinspeed

I've heard of others having problems with Botach
but over the last year and a half I've probably
ordered 10 Surefire lights and 2 or 3 dozen 3v
batteries and haven't had any problems at all.
Old February 18, 2001, 11:01 AM   #9
Bartholomew Roberts

I'll second the hit and miss service with Botach. My own personal experience with them was pretty bad.

Ordered some gear for a class via UPS Red. Two-three weeks after the class is over I get an email from them letting me know that what I had ordered (simple, common LBE stuff available everywhere but not at the price Botach offered) was backordered and would one day ship.

I cancelled the order and never heard from them again.
Old February 19, 2001, 04:18 PM   #10
Guyon

Seems Botach did me right again. I got a notice today that my order shipped as promised--complete with a UPS tracking number. Should be here in a couple of days.
Old February 19, 2001, 11:14 PM   #11
CSOs ROCK

BE WARY

I've done business with them once before and that's the last time I ever will.

I ordered some stuff for Christmas and while I got my stuff just fine, I also received someone else's watch. Now, if I hadn't said anything I could have had another watch or something like that to give to another person as a gift but we all know that's wrong... right?

I decided to give them a call and I just got an answering machine. I tried their e-mail and I got no response. So I called the intended recipient (cause her phone #, her address, credit card # and all that were on the invoice) and notified her of the mistake. She called me back and thanked me.

I finally got a hold of them and they asked me to mail it back to them. I was going to LA that weekend anyway so I brought it up to the actual store and its an old pawn shop that they just base their business out of. They did have a sign on the door that said law enforcement only but they let me in. I have to say that they are very well stocked (we're talking mountains and mountains of stuff) but they are VERY disorganized. Next to their computers were piles and piles of invoices. ALL with credit card numbers and other sensitive material.

As a thank you they gave me a few of those little microlights but I tell you all right now...

I'm never doing business with them again.

Old February 20, 2001, 08:21 PM   #12
hksigwalther

Got my confirmation today. Was sent out 02/19 from CA and got to Toledo, OH in one day. Now let's see how long it will take UPS to deliver from NW OH to SE OH. Estimated delivery date is 02/23.
Old February 20, 2001, 09:20 PM   #13
Mikey

Jury still out

I ordered three items from them last week. I always check to make sure things are in stock - I DON'T DO BACKORDERS!

Got the box today. Two items were there but the Surefire Weapon Light ($170 item) was not in the box. I called and got a machine...I called again with the same result...I e-mailed and asked that they contact me immediately...I finally called and got a human. I told them what I had and that I was quite upset at the omission ESPECIALLY since I asked if it was in stock. He said that item was drop-shipped from the manufacturer, should have been noted on the invoice, and should arrive tomorrow or the next day...we shall see!

Is crappy service the toll we must pay for good prices?

Mikey
Old February 21, 2001, 09:59 PM   #14
Lightfighter

It happens...

Sometimes Backorders happen in business, especially anything high volume. I don't mind them (as a consumer); but I hate when I have to backorder anything for a customer because I want them to have it now (they are happier and I get paid -- yes, it is against the law to charge the card before shipment). It is much smoother from my end to have it in stock, receive the order, put it in a box, and let the big brown truck take it away.

I only ask that when a company puts something that I ordered on backorder, that they tell me about it; I want them to keep me informed. It is absurd to me to wait three weeks after giving somebody my money and not even knowing if they got it or not; I like dialog when you get my dough. I figure my customers expect the same too.

High Performance Tactical Gear!

http://www.Lightfighter.com