The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 4, 2009, 08:19 AM   #1
troy_mclure

best place to get a cz 52 or tokarev???

where is the best place to get a cz 52 or tokarev pistol? and ammo?

which would be better as far as accuracy, and reliability?

any other advise?
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old May 4, 2009, 03:09 PM   #2
BobbyT

Any cruffler is going to tell you to get both--they're cheap anyway so why not. As far as accuracy, the condition of the specific pistols will determine that more than the design.

The nice thing about 7.62x25 is that it's dirt cheap, so it doesn't matter where you buy. They're around $8 a box.
Old May 7, 2009, 09:42 AM   #3
(BH)

im looking to buy one myself and so far "JG Sales.com" seems to be the way to go. they go for $199 unless you choose to pay the "$10 hand pick fee" and as implied, you get to pick the one that ships to you. i will be ordering through these guys for mine here in a week or so. good luck with yours.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:21 AM   #4
overkill556x45

I just bought a TTC (Romanian tokarev) from JG sales last week. I paid the extra $10 and am VERY happy with it. They shipped it within 24 hours, and I got my money's worth! (The Hand Pick option does not allow YOU to pick the pistol. The nice folks at JG sales pick the best of 5 pistols for you. Mine looked brand new, so I'd trust them.)

Sportsman's Guide and AIM surplus both have Romanian 7.62x25mm for VERY agreeable prices. Keepshooting.com has TT-33 mags and they also shipped mine within 24 hours.

Get the TT-33/TTC. You won't be disappointed! Oh, get a CZ too. I don't have one, but why not go all the way?