The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 24, 2009, 08:01 PM   #1
secretsoldierfrs

Free Self Defense Class for CPL holders and the whole family

Free Self Defense Class for the whole family. Simple and effective Judo, Aikido, and Kung Fu techniques to easily get out of trouble. An emphasis on disarming techniques will be made from every angle and every possible attack position. These techniques work. You have your CPL, now learn physical management to make yourself more well rounded. Class taught by Mark Cortis, registered 3rd degree Black Belt, over 25 years experience in a non intimidating manner. No screaming, no repetitions of worthless movements, just smart, easy techniques for everyone.

Class Held at the YWCA in Clawson, Michigan, Corner of Crooks and Normandy just North of Royal Oak High School Saturday June 13th, 11am - 1pm. Phone Mark @ 248 506-3472 if you have any questions. See the flyer at my website
www.wildwestacademy.com. Just click under FREE on the homepage for the class brochure. You will leave with many very useful skills that work no matter what size or strength your opponent has. Female instructor assists. Anti rape techniques also will be taught, not the usual stuff, the stuff the criminals don't know about.

Last edited by secretsoldierfrs; May 25, 2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old May 25, 2009, 01:28 AM   #2
Jim March

Yeah...Clawson is in WHAT state?
Old May 25, 2009, 01:54 AM   #3
txbirddog

I would assume that since the OP is in Michigan, that Clawson would be as well. Maybe not, just a good guess.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:37 AM   #4
secretsoldierfrs

Location of Self Defense Class

Clawson is in Michigan. It is a suburb of Detroit, and just North of Royal Oak, Michigan.
Old May 25, 2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Only S&W and Me

I might check this out have you ever been to this?
Old May 25, 2009, 07:03 PM   #6
secretsoldierfrs

Self Defense Course / Clawson Michigan / Free

I am the teacher of the class. There has been tremendous turnout for this once a month class, so if you or someone you know wants to attend, please just let me know how many. I'm trying hard not to let it become overcrowded as i want each participant to get as much out of it as possible.

Any questions, call Mark Cortis 248 506-3472 or email [email protected] or visit my website @
www.wildwestacademy.com and click under FREE on the homepage for the course brochure
Old May 25, 2009, 07:40 PM   #7
dipper

secretsoldierfrs, that is a very nice offer.

I am familiar with Okinowa Kenpo Karate and have meet Odo Seikichi Sensei a few times.

Quote:
No screaming, no repetitions of worthless movements,
Not sure what the worthless movements are??
Old May 25, 2009, 09:30 PM   #8
secretsoldierfrs

Glad you are familiar

Worthless, repetitious movements would be defined as those movements that are expected and anticipated, and which can easily be made totally ineffective by anyone who knows what I know. I am no genius, but I do know self defense that works well for the ordinary person who is not going to spend 3 hours a day in a dojo for 30 years. My class is held in traditional Japanese style and etiquette, and most importantly of all in the "Spirit of Budo" Helping one another in a selfless way that is devoid of ego and pride.

Many people see those who claim to be martial artists as egotistical monsters. I wear a white belt always, and don't grant belt colors to denote higher rank, as I don't believe in symbols that represent prideful conditions or that can promote them. White represents humility, and the more you learn, the more humble you should become. As the saying goes; "Teach a wise man and he becomes wiser, teach a fool and he will hate you forever."

Give me a try, I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, and I know my stuff.

Peace /
Mark
Old May 26, 2009, 12:11 PM   #9
A_McDougal

You read that and focused in on 'worthless movements'?
I'm much more interested in what a "secret soldier" is and if/how it differs from unlawful combatant, guerilla, or terrorist.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:02 PM   #10
dipper

A_McDougal,

I am guessing from your post that you know little about the Martial Arts and the training philosophy , mind set, and goals of ANY of the different disciplines.

Quote:
I'm much more interested in what a "secret soldier" is and if/how it differs from unlawful combatant, guerilla, or terrorist.
That question is really rather insulting to any Martial Artist and REALLY shows your ignorance about the sport, lifestyle, mindset and commitment anyone who seriously studies the Martial Arts must posses and which any Sensei I ever knew works so hard to impart to students.

My question about " worthless movements" was pertaining to the Kata's .....just looking to see WHAT the OP considered "worthless movements"... but you wouldn't understand.