The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 12, 2000, 05:28 PM   #1
Futo Inu

I've been extremely please with the Blade-Tech paddle for over a year now for CCW.

However, the only situation that it can't handle very well is on days like yesterday, where it's cool, but not cold enough for a jacket or coat (55-60+ deg. F), where I am wearing just a SWEATSHIRT over a T-shirt, but don't want to bother with my IWB or fanny pack setup (IWB is not comfortable for me, and all things being equal, I'd rather not wear a fanny pack - and BS's are not easy on/off).

In this situation, I can pull the sweatshirt over the majority of the Blade-Tech paddle, but if you're looking, you can just still see the bottom of the holster out the bottom of the sweatshirt elastic.

Now I have seen really hi-ride BS holsters like that MD Enterprises, I think, so I got to thinking how cool it would be to take a Blade-Tech paddle (or similar paddle), and just crank it up about 2 inches higher for this scenario, which should also handle daily carry just fine.
Old January 13, 2000, 12:25 AM   #2
KaliSIG

Blade-Tech won't do any customized versions of their holsters. Believe me, I've tried. I have several of their holsters for my SIGs. If you want a custom kydex holster try out Skunkworks Concealment Solutions. I have a kydex shoulder rig for my P228. The quality and craftsmanship is top rate! Here's the website address: http://homepages.go.com/homepages/s/k/u/skunkworksusa/
Or you can e-mail them at [email protected]. Give them a call. They work wonders. Tell them Adrian sent you.
Old January 13, 2000, 09:01 AM   #3
Ricky T

I have 2 paddle kydex holsters from Talon Tactical by Mike Benedict. They're very comfortable, secure and concealable. Due to the nature of the combination of the paddle and kydex material, he can only get it to ride and a certain height. I'm not sure what you mean by ultra high ride, but he can get it higher than the normal belt slide. He'll custom build holsters for any gun, check out his website at "http://www.ohio.net/~mjb/index~1.htm"

[This message has been edited by Ricky T (edited January 14, 2000).]
Old January 14, 2000, 01:34 AM   #4
MissileCop

CFI has Mad Dog holsters in the latest issue of Shotgun News, pg. 36. It's not a paddle, but might be of interest. You don't say what you carry, but here's what they offer. Mad Dog has ultra high ride holsters for the Beretta 92/96, Colt Commander and Officers, Glock 17/22, 19/23, 20/21, 26/27, and 29/30, HK USP and P7, and SigArms 226/228. Price is $60. CFI is at www.cfiarms.com, phone number is 817.595.2485
I've never dealt with CFI, so don't know how well their customer service is.

------------------
Times have changed, but the nature of man hasn't. That's why I always go to AA, "Alert and Armed".

[This message has been edited by MissileCop (edited January 14, 2000).]
Old January 14, 2000, 11:54 AM   #5
Joey

If your intersted in Mad Dog products just check out the links section. Or better yet http://www.tacticalforums.com/ and you have several forums mderated by MD.