The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 31, 2001, 12:32 AM   #1
Cannon Cocker

I'm coming up with a lot of questions as I'm looking for a good trap gun and I come across things I'm not familiar with.

Just saw a Browning Superposed Broadway Trap in about 85%-90% condition for about $1100. Had I beleive full and Improved Modified fixed chokes. It showed a lot of use but no abuse.

Does anybody know anything aboout this gun? Knowing it's an older gun how do I know if it's had the life shot out of it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old January 31, 2001, 10:02 AM   #2
Bud1

As you probably know, those old Browning Broadways are BIG and HEAVY. I assume that the one you are looking at has 32" bbls. If the gun seems tight, it might be a good deal. These run in the neighborhood of $800 - $1000 where I live, but are not seen much anymore. I had a buddy that shot one years ago, and for some reason his ate firing pins. Otherwise, no mechanical problems, and he shot about 30,000 targets a year with it.

Old February 3, 2001, 11:49 PM   #3
Bowser

I saw one for sale at the Pacific Rod and Gun club in San Francisco in 95%+ condition with dual skeet barrels for $1000 o.b.o.

I reckon that the price quoted of $1100 is a tad high.
Having said that, a Browning will last you 60+ years!!

Bowser.