The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 11, 2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Double Naught Spy

Harrold School District Armed Staff Video

http://start.new.toshiba.com/tv/3/pl..._are_armed-cnn

Pretty good video, showing armed faculty and staff in a good light. The video shows comments from students, administrators, and teachers. The administrator explains some of the rationale behind the decision to go armed, what he went through to do so, and talks about being contacted by other school districts, especially after school shootings.

This is the sort of publicity I think we need. It could be done a little better, sure, but all in all, it is a very positive video.
Old November 11, 2014, 12:33 AM   #2
TXAZ

Wilbarger Co. TX is about as common sense oriented, and rural as anyone could be.
Conversely, a little advertising for (unknown to the public) teachers CHiLling is a good thing.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old November 11, 2014, 09:22 AM   #3
Skans

I played the video without the sound. Pictures of street signs, a road, a couple of buildings, a horse, some people talking....

I expected to see teachers carrying firearms. Not trying to be hyper critical, just don't see why a video was needed to report this information. To be fair, I just watched it, didn't listen to it - so perhaps the interviews were enlightening.
Old November 11, 2014, 10:46 AM   #4
KyJim

Quote:
I expected to see teachers carrying firearms.
The explanation for that, and a whole lot more, is what you missed by not listening. View it again when you can.

Quote:
Pictures of street signs, a road, a couple of buildings, a horse, some people talking....

Not trying to be hyper critical, just don't see why a video was needed to report this information.
You're right. We see street signs, roads, buildings, horses (I do anyway), and people talking all the time. It's what they said that is the story.

Nice video.
Old November 11, 2014, 04:36 PM   #5
KMAX

Good video. Thanks OP for posting.

I'm not old. I'm CLASSIC!