The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 25, 2006, 11:53 PM   #1
tractom

Sam Bass Centennial 1860 Colt

Can someone help me identify this gun and establish its' worth. I was given this and can't find any info on the net.

I was told it is a repro of an 1860 Colt Army .44 and produced in a limited release Sam Bass edition.

The barrel has the following:
left side---Round Rock Texas
Top of barrel-- Sam Bass Centennial 1878-1978
Right side--.44 cal for black powder only made in Italy
Under side serial number is---SB096

According to the book that came with it, the gun was a commemorative edition and only 250 were produced. I am assuming this is #96 based on serial number. It is in a presentation box and came with the accessories as well.
Old August 26, 2006, 01:16 AM   #2
Smokin_Gun

Look on the grip frame for possible markings uncder the grips. But not if it is unfired or never had a screwdriver on it..Just incase it's a collectable and you don't plan on shootin' it.
Could be an AMS (MARCO left side of frame) Armi San Marco. Were know for not putting logo on certain types or models. That's a guess. If you see a U inside rifling inside a circle it's a Uberti.(small stamp)

Here's somethin' for you to save: https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/P...Proofmarks.pdf
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php