The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 16, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1
tripe1917

2nd Gen Dragoon

Does anyone have information on 2nd gen. Colt Dragoons with case hardened frame and nickel barrel and cylinder? The one I am looking at has a serial no. GC41275.
Old November 16, 2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

The SN is probably GCA1275. It is one of the 94 Giuseppe Garibaldi freak dragoons that were made without the gold etching on the barrel and cylinder. The barrel and cylinder are in the white - not nickel plated. NIB value is around $800.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old November 17, 2012, 12:07 AM   #3
tripe1917

Thanks for the reply Mr. Fingers, I have never seen or handled an example of this pistol before. The finish really looked like nickel though when I picked it up, it must have been highly polished and looked as good as any nickel plate I have seen. I can get it for about $530.00. I got a light and looked inside the barrel and cylinder and they showed no signs of firing. You are right about the SN, I mistook the A for a 4.

Last edited by tripe1917; November 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old November 17, 2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Fingers McGee

$530 is a killer deal. Without the box and papers it's still worth $650. Congrats
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce