The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 17, 2008, 12:58 PM   #26
The Great Mahoo

I typically take 2, sometimes as many as 4 to the range. Usually a revolver and an automatic, but not always. If I am taking rifles or shotguns too, I may only shoot 1 or 2 pistols.

I usually shoot 1 or more boxes through each gun I shoot, so it just depends on how much i want to spend and how long I plan on being at the range.
Old July 17, 2008, 02:22 PM   #27
kraigwy

If I'm shooting rifles I dont play with pistols.

When I'm shooting pistols, depending on what I'm shooting, I have a min of two. Normally I'm practicing my Conventional Pistol, where I have a 45, center fire and 22 pistol, and try to get in a full 2700.

Then I always finish my shooting by running a bunch of rounds through my pocket pistol (Smith 642), Regardless I will go through a min of 200 rounds a week with my pocket pistol.

But I dont go to ranges unless its a for a match or to conduct High Power Clinics. I have a 300 yard range out my back door.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old July 17, 2008, 06:22 PM   #28
a10t2

I shoot at least 40-50 rounds of .22 to get recoil-desensitized before I break out the big boys. If I'm planning a longer (>1 hour) day at the range I might burn through 100+ rounds in each caliber. Lately though I've been playing with the rifle a lot more and might only shoot the two .22s.