The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 31, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1
fishhead1

Hornady Die Replacement Parts?

Anyone know how/where to get replacement parts for Hornady New Dimension (.243 Cal) dies? Broke both the "Zip Spindle" and Decap Pin on practically new sizing die. Went to Hornady's online site and could find nothing about replacement parts. Wrote them an email on the same site, but have gotten no response. Searched on MidwayUSA and found the Spindle listed, but they were backordered until April 2011. Although I've never a problem with Hornady hardware, this may be the last Hornady reloading dies I buy.
Old October 31, 2010, 02:19 PM   #2
farmerboy

Just call one of their reps on the phone, explain what happened and they'll gladly have a new one on the way... wait a miute, thats how they handle it at R.C.B.S. I cant tell you how they do it at Hornady. Hope it works out for you!
Old October 31, 2010, 02:53 PM   #3
snuffy

Quote:
Just call one of their reps on the phone, explain what happened and they'll gladly have a new one on the way... wait a miute, thats how they handle it at R.C.B.S. I cant tell you how they do it at Hornady. Hope it works out for you!
+1 on that! Except I can verify they will send you all the parts to make it whole at no charge. I ruined the exact same parts getting a stuck case out of my .223 die. Plainly MY fault, but they replaced it and even sent me 2 more zip spindles for a couple of their older dies I had with the smooth stem. And they were in my mailbox in 2 days! Can't ask for better service.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old October 31, 2010, 03:51 PM   #4
LOUD

I concur with Snuffy , I did the very same thing to a new 223 die and Hornady took care of MY mistake at no charge and very quickly too . Hornady's customer service is absolutely first rate!!!! I wont own anything But Hornady!!!
Old November 3, 2010, 01:20 PM   #5
fishhead1

Well, I stand humbled and admonished. Finally got around to calling Hornady (love their recorded instructions), and they're sending me two replacement Spindles and Decap Pins to replace the broken ones FREE OF CHARGE. Guess I'll just have to be a little more careful from now on.