The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 14, 2010, 03:34 PM   #1
tdrizzle

Nylon 66 sight problem

I bought an Apache Black Nylon 66 last week, and was pleased to discover it's one of the oldest models, from 1962, without even a serial number as required by the GCA in 1968.

However, there is a small problem. The rear sight is canted to the far right by the worm gear/screw that turns it, and there's no adjustment point for it. On another board, someone said there's no dial, as on the range adjustment, just an inlet for a screwdriver on the left side of the sight. I don't even have that.

I can try to shoot it using Kentucky windage, but it would be nice to be able to adjust it to either side or leave it in the center, if necessary. Anyone have an idea how I can turn the screw? I might be able to get a tiny needlenosepliers in there, but maybe not.
Old April 14, 2010, 08:34 PM   #2
PetahW

The folks over at the Nylon 66 forum would most likely have a lot of experience with your situation.

www.nylonrifles.com

Old April 15, 2010, 05:59 PM   #3
T. O'Heir

Exploded drawing here. http://stevespages.com/ipb-remington-66.html
Owner's manual and 'Field Service' manual here. Both are sizeable files. 5.12 meg for the former, 13.53 meg for the latter.
Try one of these for the missing parts.
http://www.remington.com/pages/suppo...s-dealers.aspx