The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 6, 2013, 05:53 PM   #1
ShipWreck

Check out my FNs

I'm really digging the new SCAR...

Took an FN photo today

Old October 6, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Jen-from-IL

Check out my FNs

Those are nice. I wonder if my FN would like to hang out with them. . She's just a little FNS-9 but she does like to go 'bang, bang'
Old October 8, 2013, 02:59 PM   #3
loose_holster_dan

pretty.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old October 8, 2013, 06:46 PM   #4
Venom1956

whats the optic on the SCAR?
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old October 8, 2013, 07:03 PM   #5
5.56RifleGuy

That would be an mepro m21.
Old October 8, 2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Corrections Cop

That is a great looking pair of FN's!
Old October 9, 2013, 06:07 AM   #7
ShipWreck

Quote:
whats the optic on the SCAR?
As someone else already stated, it is a Mepro 21 reflex sight. It has the triangle reticle, instead of the bullseye reticle. You sight it in with the top tip of the triangle.

I like the optic because it uses fiber optics and tritium - so, no electronics or batteries. Its always on. This latest version, Revision M, has solved most of the washout issues these types of sites have previously had. I had tried a Trijicon RX30 and the previous version of the Mepro a few years ago, and did not like them. This new version works extremely well
Old October 9, 2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Tangentabacus

Dang... Some nice looking rifles. Never knew about Mepro. They're like the Trijicon competitor it seems.
Old October 9, 2013, 11:36 AM   #9
ShipWreck

Yes. After trying the Trijicon reflex sight, I think the Mepro one is better.

It's actually the official optic of the Israeli military. However, they use the bullseye version.

I've tried the Bullseye reticule at the range on a Tavor before, and I did not like it as much. At 50 yards, it covered too much of the target to shoot a good group. The triangle reticule is easier to shoot with IMHO.
Old October 9, 2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Beretta686

Nice guns, but those 16" barrels look goofy. I'd drop $400 and some Form 1s and make them look right.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old October 9, 2013, 12:56 PM   #11
ShipWreck

It was cheaper and easier to change out the barrel on the PS90 years ago than it is now. I actually had money down on a short barreled receiver like 5-6 years ago thru CMMG (figured I could just swap receivers back and forth into the stock - and, I wouldn't void the FN warranty that way either).

I paid CMMG the money for the new receiver and did the trust route. They sent their paperwork into the ATF. After 2+ months, I called to check on their status. I was told by a CMMG rep that they had accidentally sent in their expired FFL #... They had just resent everything the week before I called.
At that point, I got my money back and decided not to worry about it. It was kinda aggravating.

I'm fine with the PS90 as is. I don't like the strings tied to the weapon that has been short barreled (can't cross state lines w/o permission). I get extra velocity with the extra 6 inches of barrel too. Even with the 16" barrel, the gun is shorter than a short barreled AR15.

I have no plans to change the barrel