The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 1, 2001, 03:35 PM   #1
Hank Smith

I recently posted a thread that mentioned the pistol grip Mossberg shotgun. I should have done a search first, as one of the replies stated, because it seems the PG is not at all accurate and it seems people just don't like them.

So now I ask for a recommendation. I am looking for a shotgun that can be stored under my bed, is somewhat compact, reliable, and at least more accurate then a PG shotgun, and this shotgun would never be used for hunting. I have heard of folding stocks, but that really isn't for me. Does any company make a PG/Stock combo shotgun?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hank
Old February 1, 2001, 05:58 PM   #2
twoblink

Probably for Home D with a shotgun, a "Defender" would be a good recommendation...

Albert
Old February 1, 2001, 06:53 PM   #3
curious

Here is one place to start. Just look around yourself and see what you like.http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/SpeedFeed/speedfeed.html

good luck
curious
Old February 2, 2001, 07:30 AM   #4
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

I'm with Erick on this one. A standard stock shortened to fit, with a decent pad works so well that I'm a bit amazed anyone would pick another style.

RE PG shotguns, if I HAD to have some social problem come at me with a shotgun, I want HIS to be a PG only shotgun. No matter what I had,or any advantage of cover and tactics, I'd be in worse shape if he had a shotgun he could shoot well.