The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 20, 2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Pahoo

TC Senecas

As I have stated before, traditional SideLocks touch my heart. One of my favorites are the TC-Senecas. I have seen them with bad stock and rusted out bores. Had never had a problems with the locks until lately. It had a worn Tumbler. Thought about having the worn spots re-welded but determined that this was not realistic. I was now left with a SideLock that was not safe to shoot. ......

Then I ran across NOS Tumblers on EBay. Bought one with new fly and now my .36 squirrel rifle is back in business. .....

Just thought I'd mention it as it's only a matter of time before other Senecas start going bad and TC no longer supports these. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old March 20, 2015, 10:47 AM   #2
DoubleDeuce 1

That is good to know. Thanks for the information.
Old March 20, 2015, 10:05 PM   #3
B.L.E.

.36 caliber is one of muzzleloading's best kept secrets. So fun, so pleasant to shoot, it's a shame it's not more popular.
Old March 21, 2015, 07:32 PM   #4
Pahoo

So true !!!

Quote:
So fun, so pleasant to shoot, it's a shame it's not more popular.
As the kids would say; .....

SWEET !!!

Be Safe !!!
Old March 21, 2015, 08:08 PM   #5
Old Stony

I've noticed complete locks for the Senecas on ebay occasionally. Usually not too awfully expensive either..
Old March 21, 2015, 09:03 PM   #6
B.L.E.

Quote:
As the kids would say; .....

SWEET !!!
And under-rated. I took a second place in the men's offhand rifle aggregate score at the TMLRA "Frost on the Cactus" spring shoot last weekend using a TC Hawken with a GM .36 drop in replacement barrel.

I usually score in the top three at those shoots with that gun. It's easy to shoot good scores with a gun that barely kicks.
Old March 21, 2015, 09:40 PM   #7
roashooter

I have always regretted passing a pristine Senaca 36....but am very pleased and proud of my TC Cherokee..32....sure is sad that TC stopped production of the traditional bp rifles.
Old March 22, 2015, 10:37 AM   #8
Pahoo

It's all relative

Quote:
Usually not too awfully expensive either..
Cost is relative and for me, paying $230.00 +, for this lock is a "TAD" much. Not only that, but they are not all that common. I'm happy to pay $38.00 for the tumbler. .......

Quote:
I have always regretted passing a pristine Senaca 36
Same here and it took me 25yrs. of looking before I found mine. ......

Be Safe !!!