The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 15, 2011, 12:03 PM   #1
tape

led flashlight fanatics

I am sure we have a few flashlight fanatics here; I have seen some people have 100 to 300 led flashlights. They have the same virus some of us have about firearms. I was touched by the fl virus but got out quick; those little do-hickies get very expensive fast no doubt. The one below is my most expensive and nicest one I have, it is an Olight M20 Titanium Warrior; they produced 500 several years ago and this is #12 of the 500.Human hands have never touched them supposedly.

The fl has a rating of 500 lumens off a 18650 3.8vbattery, a 4 mode led with high, medium, low and flashing, at the high setting it will illuminate 500 lumens for 1.2hrs, medium and good all around use at 80 lumens for 8hrs and the low 20 lumens for 30 hrs. The fl is 5.5” length and the diameter is about a inch. This is a safe queen but I use its sister the M20, it has 320 lumens for 2.5 hrs, it is about identical except for the lower lumens, my edc is a surefire 6P with a SST-50 500 lumens led bulb. The batteries are a bit expensive as well; I have about 10 different led fl's, hey guys, post up some pic of your pride and edc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0348.jpg (258.0 KB, 435 views)
Old October 15, 2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Moving over to Gear and Accessories...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old October 16, 2011, 01:09 AM   #3
ftttu

Never heard of one of those but it is bright at 500 Lumens. I don't remember what my Streamlight Strion LED Lumens rating is but it is brighter than heck for something so small. I don't think it is anywhere near 500 though. I also love my Blackhaek NightOps Gladius but I don't use it that much since it isn't rechargable.
Old October 16, 2011, 03:41 AM   #4
tape

http://fonarevka.ru/indexen.html is a great website to compare several different kinds of flashlights. At the right can you pick the brand and the model and different scenes. I've spent a couple of hours looking and there are lights so bright you won't believe it. I have a couple of led's that get so hot you could fry an egg on it, other words so hot you can't believe a fl can get that hot and still shine.
Old October 16, 2011, 09:54 AM   #5
tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftttu
I also love my Blackhaek NightOps Gladius but I don't use it that much since it isn't rechargable.
have you ever thought about buying rechargeable batteries and a charger, you will get your money back worth just saving on batteries, all my fl's use rechargeable batteries or I would not use them either.
Old October 16, 2011, 03:39 PM   #6
tape

wow, I guess no one cares for fl's in this forum,

mods you can go ahead and lock this one.
Old October 16, 2011, 03:54 PM   #7
BryanP

Quote:
wow, I guess no one cares for fl's in this forum,
Not in the middle of a gorgeous Saturday afternoon we don't.

I took my family out last night and had 4 LED flashlights to share out with the family. Two Streamlight Microstream's (great general purpose small LED light), one el-cheapo Chinese knockoff, and a NuFlare Rebel 90, which puts out enough light for any reasonable purpose.
Old October 16, 2011, 04:57 PM   #8
graysmoke

I purchased a Coleman 90 lumens LED Flashlight for $17.97 in WalMart sporting goods dept.
It's only 6" in lenght, aluminum case, waterproof, and with a rear rubber on/off push button.
Performs Awesome....I went and purchased another to keep in the truck.

Hey...$17.97 compared to a $80.00 LED flashlight.....WOW!!!!
Old October 16, 2011, 05:06 PM   #9
tape

graysmoke, I had the same one and returned it, nothing wrong with it, great led fl for the price, that's when I started getting into the higher $ led's, the virus just started at that point.
Old October 16, 2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Shotgun693

I'm not a flashlight junkie. Saturday I was picking up horse stuff at Tractor Supply. I also bought an nice LED Light for 9.99. I took it to my Off Duty job that night. While it was bulkier than those of the other Officers
working with me, mine was much brighter. It's about 8" long, maybe 9, and about as big around as a salt shaker. Plenty enough for me.
Old October 16, 2011, 06:06 PM   #11
kozak6

I have an LRI Proton Pro. It's a bit outdated and expensive for what it is, but I've grown fond of it.

It's a 1xAA flashlight at about 100 lumens. It's fairly compact compared to most other flashlights in its class.