The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 4, 2014, 09:49 AM   #1701
damionkeller

Hi all. I've been shooting since I was a kid, but I'm brand new to forums. I've got a couple of handguns now, but probably looking to add a shotgun and a rifle or two in coming months. Hoping to learn what may be best for my needs.
Old April 5, 2014, 05:42 AM   #1702
darrenlobo

Hi from PA

I look forward to some interesting discussions here.
Old April 6, 2014, 07:47 AM   #1703
Lofty

New to TFL

Hi Guys and gals....greetings from the other "down under"...South Africa
I am a pensioner ...only shooting since I retired mainly interested in Handgun competition look forward to chatting with you
Old April 6, 2014, 08:33 AM   #1704
Bob_T

Howdy from the Chicago 'burbs.

Been a shooter since the 70s, (yes, I am old). I've learned a lot at this site and finally joined up.

Bob
Old April 12, 2014, 02:03 PM   #1705
iluvmyar_15

hello out there

im new to the forum. living in fort walton. i just got my dillion set up and couldnt be happier. 223 was easy 308 kinda a itch.
Old April 16, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1706
Urbansavage

Good afternoon!

Been browsing around on the site for a while and decided to join. Avid hunter, fisher, shooter, hiker, backpacker, and obviously a firearms enthusiast.

Born, raised, and live in the Pacific Northwest (Washington).
Old April 27, 2014, 12:29 PM   #1707
Argyle

Greetings!

From the Midwest, long time firearm enthusiast, Vietnam Era Vet and 2D Amendment supporter. This is a great forum.
Old April 27, 2014, 02:20 PM   #1708
Stuart

Hello from England

Hello names stuart big into my shooting in England well as much as we are allowed .do quite a bit of clay shooting with my mossburg 500 pump and winchester 91 over and under ,also into the firearms we are allowed have a ruger 10/22 ,gsg 1911 .22 ,alfa 357 revolver ,and a ruger mini 14 and a Remington 1858,and of course a lee Enfield .303 no4 mk1
Old April 29, 2014, 10:48 AM   #1709
Mauserich

Howdy

Hello everyone, I've been serving for some time and naturally have been involved with firearms. I just stumble over this great forum so I joined up.
Old May 1, 2014, 09:36 AM   #1710
OldSoldier71

FNG

Thanks for allowing me on the forum. Dave Marris here, I am interested in all things firearm related. I have a passion for reloading. I started last year and I am continually surprised by how much I do not know about it. Looking for guidance and answers to my sometimes completely uninformed questions.

Thanks again for having me.
~ Dave Marris, Iraq, 2008
Old May 2, 2014, 11:09 AM   #1711
MidForest

I'm Clueless

Is it possible on this site to get some advice on how to determine the value of a couple of shotguns? I hate to sound like a helpless female, but I'm clueless. I have a few that were left to me by a relative, and I need to sell them. I've tried doing an internet search, but since I have no idea what I'm talking about, the information that comes back just overwhelms me. And beyond that, if I am able to determine a value, how does one go about selling a shotgun? I think I have someone interested in one of the guns, but when he asked how much I wanted for it, I had no idea what to say.

So any help or suggestions out there from one of you experts? I can supply photos and more details.

I apologize if this is not an appropriate question for this forum. I just thought I'd take a chance and see.
Old May 2, 2014, 09:58 PM   #1712
Bucksnort1

Introduction

My handle is Pogybait. For you anchor clankers, that would be gedunk or geedunk - not sure how to spell it but then you must consider the Navy uses BB as the designation for a battleship - go figure. Don't get me wrong. I have a special place in my heart for all service members and veterans. I am a veteran of Army active duty as a parachute rigger, the Colorado Army National Guard, Colorado Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve. I retired from all this in 2003 and retired from federal civil service in 2011. I am an avid fly fisher and big game hunter in Colorado. I do a lot of non-competitive shooting and reloading.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:12 AM   #1713
Michael D.

Introduction

I'm a retired trial lawyer and I live in Colorado. I've been shooting for 62 years -- rifles and handguns.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:01 AM   #1714
Balduran

hi

Cat Mechanic in Alberta, Canada.
been shooting for 35 years give or take
reloading for 23
30-40 Krag gave me the bug when i was 7. I thought it was the most amazing fitting of steel parts i had ever seen in my short life. After however many engines and transmitions that opinion hasnt changed.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1715
flathead253

Hello ALL

Hi;
Been a firearms enthusiast, hunter, & collector for over 30 years...
...enjoy it as long as there are some areas of "FREE USA" left.
Join the NRA. support the 2nd & ALL the Amendments & Constitution...
...and VOTE!

Look forward to interesting discussions here.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:46 PM   #1716
jeager106

Hi folks!

I go by jeager106, logged in here back in '06, don't know why I didn't post much so re-upped recently. Great site, good people here.
I'm retired police, retired logistics engineer for General Motors.
Been shooting, reloading, for 52 years (yeah, I'm an old phart) been playing with black powder arms for well over 30 years.
I'm a fan of flintlocks, Kimber .45s, AR platform rifles, .22 rimfires, and about any & all firearms that go bang even airguns that don't go bang.

Last edited by jeager106; May 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:01 AM   #1717
stayingsafe

New User Hello

Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile, trying to understand the ramifications of Castle Doctrine and other laws in my home state of Wisconsin. This site and its users have been *incredibly* helpful to me. This sounds melodramatic, but I had actually started avoiding taking walks in my neighborhood. Once I started to parse the legal language on my own ("no duty to retreat," etc.) I actually got much more afraid. The law seemed to me to be set up specifically to allow people to shoot anyone they felt "threatened" them. Thankfully our state has not gone THAT far yet! I don't carry a gun, and haven't owned any for years, although I grew up in a very strong firearm friendly household and have some friends and relatives who take gun safety much less seriously than I do.

Before you dismiss me as an "anti" who gets their news only from particular sources, realize that not everyone who chooses not to use lethal force wants to gut the second amendment! I certainly don't wish to curtail anyone's consitutional rights, but I do need to understand the laws as they pertain to me, so that I can feel safe.

It has been tremendously helpful to read the opinions of gun enthusiasts who take gun safety so seriously, who have taken the time in personal e-mails to help me understand how I can avoid situations in which Castle Doctrine and other laws might be used in court against me.

So, thanks and hello!
Old May 21, 2014, 10:16 PM   #1718
shinwa98

Introduce myself.

Hey I go by shinwa online, I'm 15, love guns and being outdoors. I don't know a lot about guns and even less about optics. I ask a lot if questions, (please bear with me) to learn as much as I can. I'm currently saving to buy a multipurpose rifle, either bolt action or at platform. So I will probably be asking some mixed topic questions about both of these. Anyway, all advice is greatly appreciated!
Old May 26, 2014, 08:25 PM   #1719
uncle poop

Hello all, the newest noob has joined your ranks. I have been browsing for a few days checking different sites and finding out information. The members here seemed to be the most active and knowledgeable of anywhere on the internet. So here I am.

I am not only new to this forum but to firearms in general. Over the years I have always been curious about guns. I never knew anyone that was a gun enthusiast or owned a gun for that matter. I now am looking to get my gun permit and make my first purchase.

I have questions but I will search posts first to try and find them. If not expect some posts soon. Looking forward to participating on this forum.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:23 PM   #1720
RiverDawg

Greetings from Mississippi

I'm a hunting/firearm enthusiast from central Mississippi. I look forward to learning and sharing some of my (limited) experiences.

Current arsenal:

STI Spartan V 1911 .45acp
GLOCK G19 Gen4 9mm
S&W M&P .40sw full size
Franchi Intensity 12 ga. Mossy Oak bottomland camo
Remington 11/87 12 ga. Mossy Oak breakup camo
Remington 1100 12 ga.
Remington 870 20 ga.
CZ 550 American .308win
Remington Model 7 7mm-08

Past pieces:

Springfield XD-9mm
GLOCK G27 Gen3 .40sw
Beretta PX4 Storm Type F .40sw
Smith & Wesson 642 Airweight .38 sp

I've recently (within the past few years) gotten into shooting handguns for a hobby. I owned the Springfield for 6-8 years and shot it occasionally before I began to shoot more often and "expand" my "collection".

I enjoy Miss. State sports, fishing, kayaking and duck/turkey/deer/dove hunting. Thanks for having me!

Last edited by RiverDawg; May 27, 2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old May 28, 2014, 04:31 PM   #1721
Bucksnort1

Introduction

I am a retired Air Force Senior Master Sergeant. My military duty consists of Army active duty (1965 to 1968), Army National Guard, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve (1985 to 2003). In the Reserves and Guard, I was in procurement (contracting). My Army active duty time consisted of training for the 81mm mortar then airborne school and finally being permanent party at the Army's parachute rigger school at Ft. Lee, Virginia.

I am also retired from federal civil service. That career was also in procurement. From September of 2009 to March of 2010, I was in Kandahar, Afghanistan administering government contracts

I live in Colorado and I am an avid fly fisher, hunter, re-loader and plinker type shooter. I re-load for 38 Spl, .357 mag, 44 mag, 45 ACP, 30-06, 300 Weatherby, 223 and 243.
Old May 31, 2014, 09:32 PM   #1722
DarkHalo

Greetings

The names John. I just bought a Citadel 1911 recently. I've wanted one since I was in the USAF a LONG time ago. I was a tech on nuclear missile sites and the combat launch crews always carried them. I was a single parent raising sons for a long time and just never got around to it. Well, now I have.

I'm a network admin for a small technology company here in California butttt not for much longer. I'll be moving to Virginia shortly. Getting the hell away from this sewer pit.

Glad to meet ya!

-Robert A. Heinlein
Old June 2, 2014, 06:56 PM   #1723
lunchbox99

Hello all, new member to this forum. I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting and leather work. 33 years old.

I fish for salmon and trout. River plunking for salmon and also fly fishing. Lakes in my area have a bunch of trout mostly rainbows.

I like the Mosin rifles I have about 10 of them. I also like semi autos rifles like the AK, AR, Sks. I like the 1911 platform in pistols but I like 9mm like cz75, wheel guns and almost anything.

I want to get into reloading just haven't really done it yet. Anyways nice to meet you all
Old June 3, 2014, 03:21 PM   #1724
Mike Weber

Not new I'm an old member returning. I'd been away for a while as an Admin and mod on a couple of other shooters forums. Still have one forum of my own. I know quite a few here from this and other shooters boards.
A place for firearms enthusiasts to congregate.
Old June 7, 2014, 05:30 PM   #1725
zombie68

Hey all. Figured that after registering a year ago, I should introduce myself. Name's Tom and I live in Boise, Idaho.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent