The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 14, 2014, 11:18 PM   #1
gedenke

LPA ghost ring FRONT sight

I need some help here.

I've been searching the interweb high and low for an LPA ghost ring front shotgun sight...and I'm coming up empty. I'm at my wits end. Either no one has them or they're out of stock, with no idea when they'll be in.

This one to be exact (the SG2): http://www.precisionsalesintl.com/Pr...duct_page.html. These are the sights (or something similar) that can be found on Benelli's current M4.

I've emailed precision sales intl, and haven't got a response yet...well sortof. I did get an auto-reply stating that the company was temporarily closed due to the snow storm hitting CT.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? Anyone have one they'd sell me? I've got the LPA BAR11R rear sight and I need a front sight to complete the set.
Old February 14, 2014, 11:52 PM   #2
PetahW

OK - here goes:

The SG2 is not a "ghost ring", it's a fiber-optic bead sight.

AFAIK, there's no such thing as a "ghost ring" front sight.

The term "ghost ring" refers to a rear peep sight, both close enough to the shooter's eye, and large enough, to not be seen when looking through it for sighting, except as a ghostly ring around the edge of the shooters vision.
They are meant to be looked "through" and not "at" when shooting - where the focus should be on placing the front sight on the whatever target.

If you google "fiber optic shotgun sights" you will most likely find several useful alternatives to that SG2, since a half-dozen companies make FO front sights for various apps.

You could also try googling "tactical sights" or "tactical fiber optic sights).

BTW - There's not much of a snowstorm in Southern New England (CT) yesterday & today - it's been mostly rain turning a little (5") snow quickly to slush.

Old February 15, 2014, 02:01 AM   #3
gedenke

Thanks for "correcting" instead of answering

I suppose I should clarify...I'm aware of how the sights work, and how they're configured. What I meant is I'm in need of the front sight from the LPA ghost ring "set". I already have the rear ghost ring sight.

Just can't seem to find the "fiber optic" front sight from said set. So, if anyone could tell where to get one, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old February 15, 2014, 02:26 PM   #4
PetahW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedenke

Thanks for "correcting" instead of answering

Sooooorry ! !

Good Luck with your search.

Old February 15, 2014, 03:28 PM   #5
mete

Yes , ghost ring describes the rear sight only. Use any rfont sight you want. I for one hate those fiber optics which give two different pictures one in sunlight and one in shade. I'd send mine but I quickly threw them out.