The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 15, 2011, 11:15 PM   #26
kilimanjaro

Second-guessing yourself will guarantee you 'freeze up' the next time, while you try and pre-analyze your desired response ahead of the self-created outcome to the half-real, half-what-if situation.
Old November 16, 2011, 05:09 PM   #27
youngunz4life

you did good

but I think reaching foe the cellphone first was a mistake(as the first post mentioned as well as one other I think). Phone get people killed(I mean when driving, not in your situation). You didn't freeze but dealing with the phone did burn possible precious seconds.

Have a good & safe Holiday Season
Old November 22, 2011, 04:03 AM   #28
1stADCombatVet

Don't Second guess yourself on this one, expecially since you didn't have a weapon on you at the time. you did the right thing by calling the police, and reporting the incident and what they were wearing. In a situation like that, getting out of the immediate area is always the best course. even if you had had a weapon, you didn't know for sure what was going on, you could have blundered right into a gang fight, or something like that. I think you did extremely well, expecially considering the amount of detail you was able to memorize in such a short time. Just because we carry weapons, doesn't mean we have to intervene in every situation we come across.