The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 12, 2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Dal052181

Umm.. My Sks trigger group is unsafe!

So I had my trigger group out of my Chinese Sks Monday to install the sear my buddy cleaned up for me and this is the issue I'm having now. when I reinstalled the sear, mag release and spring followed by the pin I was checking the operation holding it in my hand and when I pressed on the disconnector it was very stiff, no movement. I pressed a little harder and the hammer flew forward. I asked my buddy what he did and he said all he did was take light sand paper to the sear to smooth out the surface to help with the trigger pull. I let him do it because it made his trigger feel pretty smooth. Well I thought maybe he screwed up so I bought a brand new unissued sear and installed. Same problem. Did I do something on the reinstall or what? Please help!
Old September 13, 2012, 07:15 AM   #2
okiewita40

Look on youtube or the survivors sks boards. I know I have seen links to pages and videos on how to work on the trigger group on the sks. Hope this helps you out.

Tags
sks , trigger