The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 25, 2015, 11:42 AM   #26
doofus47

Fishbed
Quote:
If you are a happy PPS owner, you have no need to check out the CCP.
Yeah, I'm not following the Walther logic on this. Why didn't they just release a PPS in 380 if they wanted a low recoil carry gun? The PPS platform is rock solid.
Old November 25, 2015, 12:23 PM   #27
vizsladog

Unfortunate. I was seconds from pulling the trigger and buying one. Then I said ill see what the walther forums say. glad I did. This seems to be a very problematic gun. There is thread were a walther rep pops in and out. but here is the sub forum.

I bought a Sig sauer P938

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ccp/
Old November 25, 2015, 12:46 PM   #28
sigarms228

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not following the Walther logic on this. Why didn't they just release a PPS in 380 if they wanted a low recoil carry gun? The PPS platform is rock solid.
I LOVE my PPS and find it to be an outstanding subcompact single stack pistol that is so easy to conceal and for me a crazy good shooter compared to any other like it I have tried but it appears to be a pretty slow seller possibly for a number of reasons including (until recently) high price, non button magazine release, and it's aesthetics. Word has it that the PPS is going to be "updated". I may buy a couple more at current prices if I find that current version is going to be discontinued.
Old November 26, 2015, 07:31 AM   #29
Kreyzhorse

Wow Ace, I'm shocked they sent you a blued model but I'm glad you finally got one that works. What a nightmare.
Old November 28, 2015, 09:15 PM   #30
Ace_Breaker

Yep, I decided to ask them about it. We shall see if they respond.
Old November 30, 2015, 06:58 PM   #31
Pilot

They should have let Walther in Ulm make it instead of Umarex. Sigh.
Old December 2, 2015, 06:40 PM   #32
Ace_Breaker

Yah, two emails to customer service and no responses.
Old December 2, 2015, 08:54 PM   #33
TunnelRat

Emails get ignored. Call.
Old December 2, 2015, 09:52 PM   #34
Ace_Breaker

That is what I was thinking so I called before closing but got the message recording. I left a message. Will see how it plays out tomorrow.
Old December 2, 2015, 11:41 PM   #35
Fishbed77

Quote:
They should have let Walther in Ulm make it instead of Umarex. Sigh.
Walther in Ulm likely would have had nothing to do with this half-baked design. The CCP is an Umarex product through-and-through.
Old December 3, 2015, 01:11 AM   #36
TunnelRat

Must be Umarex that is doing the customer service too given the story here from Ace. The shipping back to Germany must be a killer.

Both Glock and HK have multiple factories, in their cases an entire ocean away. Somehow they can make seemingly consistent product despite an entirely different language and culture. Walther and Umarex need to figure out how to make products together because I am frankly finding the Umarex excuse getting a little old.
Old December 3, 2015, 01:04 PM   #37
Ace_Breaker

Well, spoke to the rep this morning. They sent a shipping label to have the blue gun returned for a stainless like I had sent them. My only reservation was that the blue gun worked and I have lost confidence in this model. Will the next gun work? They didn't seem interested in any other resolution other than shipping the blue gun back so I agreed to. I think I will include the following note- "Santa, please make my Christmas wish come true. Instead of returning me a different colored gun could it be miracled into a PPQ?" LOL
Old December 3, 2015, 06:38 PM   #38
turtlehead

Couldn't hurt to ask for a PPQ.
Old December 4, 2015, 05:10 PM   #39
Ace_Breaker

Well, I did. The CCP I have works so I don't really want to start this all over. I asked them if I could upgrade or just forget it all. This whole experience makes me hesitant to buy Walther again. No response back from them yet.
Old December 29, 2015, 07:11 PM   #40
Ocraknife

Quote:
Well, I did. The CCP I have works so I don't really want to start this all over. I asked them if I could upgrade or just forget it all. This whole experience makes me hesitant to buy Walther again. No response back from them yet.
Just checking to see if you got a resolution to your problem. I really like the CCP but I'm not about to get one until they get the kinks worked out.

-Jimro
Old January 1, 2016, 06:50 AM   #41
happyguy

Not really relevant to this saga but why the long trigger pull and long reset on a gun with a thumb safety?

The design is dumb.

One or the other Walther, one or the other!

A compact PPQ with a thumb safety and I'm in.
Old January 2, 2016, 08:42 AM   #42
Ace_Breaker

Walther did not respond to my last email. I gave up on it. CS has been horrible overall. A fourth return is ridiculous. My wife handled it and wants to shoot it before I dump it. I will let her try it out. Walther is no longer on any of my wish lists. I could see buying a PPQ or PPS again someday, but as of right now, I am pretty unhappy with the company.
Old January 2, 2016, 09:26 AM   #43
TunnelRat

Huge Downer Walther CCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Breaker View Post
Walther did not respond to my last email. I gave up on it. CS has been horrible overall. A fourth return is ridiculous. My wife handled it and wants to shoot it before I dump it. I will let her try it out. Walther is no longer on any of my wish lists. I could see buying a PPQ or PPS again someday, but as of right now, I am pretty unhappy with the company.

Given that you already had issues with emails being ignored I'm not sure why you'd expect different now. If you're serious either call or let it go at this point. You have a pistol that seems to function fine, it's just not the exact color you wanted. While it might be grating, maybe it's time to look at the forest rather than the trees?
Old January 2, 2016, 10:02 AM   #44
TBM900

At that price point, a better option would be one of the unissued Makarovs and 500 rounds of ammo. Dimensionally and loaded weight are nearly identical, same capacity, all steel, built like a T-72, and as reliable as a quality rock.

Last edited by TBM900; January 2, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old January 2, 2016, 11:27 AM   #45
Ace_Breaker

Quote:
Given that you already had issues with emails being ignored I'm not sure why you'd expect different now. If you're serious either call or let it go at this point. You have a pistol that seems to function fine, it's just not the exact color you wanted. While it might be grating, maybe it's time to look at the forest rather than the trees?
I did not expect any different. Like I said, I gave up on it.
Old January 2, 2016, 11:37 AM   #46
curt.45

Ruger.

sorry it had to be said.
Old January 2, 2016, 10:57 PM   #47
gyvel

Personally, I would quit while you're ahead, and dump that pistol. There are too many other pistols out there with proven reliability that would serve your purposes.

I understand the fascination with getting something "new and unique" (I did that with the Browning BDM, which I dumped very quickly), but with that kind of experience under your belt, I wouldn't hold on to that any longer than it took to put it someone else's hands.
SIFE

Last edited by gyvel; January 3, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old January 3, 2016, 09:15 AM   #48
gyvel

Kind of after the fact, but if phone calls and emails are being ignored, one thing that's hard to ignore is a certified letter. If you decide you want to continue pursuing this matter, try that.
SIFE