The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 3, 2012, 03:38 PM   #1
jsl1952

Browning BAR assembly problem

Had a small glitch on reassembling the rifle, I installed the trigger assembly, did not dissamble just visual this assembly, I then installed the stock plate and I think this is my problem, I inadvertenly drew the bolt back not knowing the stock plate had fallen into the receiver out of its position, the bolt drew back and stuck, will not go either way, the stock plate does have a little play but not enough to get it repositioned. I downloaded a copy off of Midwestern that was better than the factory manual but didn't have a tip on this, any help on this ?
Old January 3, 2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Clark

I know nothing, but in 2012 I intend to drill a gas hole and rebarrel a BAR.

Here is a video of some BAR gunsmithing tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD2RMCKAXw
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old January 4, 2012, 09:50 AM   #3
jsl1952

BAR Reassembly

Thanks for the link on the video, I believe I noticed the problem, will find out this evening, good luck on your 2012 project .....

PROBLEM FIXED - When I pulled the bolt back, shouldn't do this without the stock on, the rear upper part of the bolt assy jambed with the stock plate, a little finesing & she came loose

Last edited by jsl1952; January 5, 2012 at 09:53 AM.