The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 13, 2008, 02:44 PM   #1
TOU

Interested in VarTarg factory ammo and brass????

Remington Poll on potential new catridges...

I thought I would post this here also as I figure several hand loaders are aware of the .20 VarTarg. I too am really wanting to build a CZ 527 on the .20 VarTarg cartridge but the lack of factory ammo and brass is frustrating. Then all of a sudden their is some hope at the end of the tunnnel...but I thought I would ask for some help from fellow TFL'ers.

This morning I saw on the Remington web site that they are taking a poll on what cartridge they should release or reintroduce; 17AH, 20vartarg, 6x45, 22br.

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/

I personally would love to see the .20 VarTarg as it looks to be one of the most cost effective varminting/targeting small caliber centerfire rounds. (Sadly no one makes brass or ammo yet so you have to roll your own...almost literally.

It is simply a necked down .221 Fireball to .20. You then have the plethora of all the bullet selection of all those for the .204 Ruger. (Which I have and love) but it only uses 15-18 grn powder and pushes 3800 fps. I.e no barrel burn and 30-40 consecutive shots are possible without barrel heating or inaccuracy do to it. Anyway, take a peak and vote and if you don't have a dog in the fight, please vote VarTarg.

Thx so much!

ZBROJOVKA BRNO