The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 18, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Vurtle

I wish all LEOs thought this way

A friend of mine who is a very passionate about the Bill of Rights and the role he plays in it as a LEO recently emailed me something he wrote. I really enjoyed reading it and figured I would share it with others. Unfortunately, not everyone he works with feels the same way. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc 1.pdf (93.2 KB, 123 views)
Old May 18, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2
geetarman

That took a lot of time and thought to put all of that down in a format easy to understand.

Thank him for doing it and thank you for sharing it.

Carpe Cerveza
Old May 18, 2013, 06:35 PM   #3
MLeake

I hate to nitpick, but if you and your friend are going to distribute this, it should go through an edit or two.

His references to the revolution against the Queen, and abuses by the Queen's court really threw off my rhythm for reading. The American Revolution occurred during the reign of King George III; there were few Queens regent during the period between colonization and revolution: Elizabeth I (whose reign ended in 1603); Mary II (1689-1694); Anne (1702-1714). So, for the 59 years leading up to the Revolution, there had been Kings. The next reigning Queen, Victoria, would not be crowned until 1837.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I appreciate your friend's effort and intent. I'd just prefer for his work to have a better chance of withstanding scrutiny from those who will not agree with his intent.

Regards,

M
Old May 18, 2013, 09:22 PM   #4
JerryM

It is too long for some of us. I did not wade through it, although I don't doubt it is good.

One has to be very interested to read it, and who will do that? Figure some way to be more concise.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old May 18, 2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
One has to be very interested to read it, and who will do that?
Unfortunately, not many. He needs to break down his argument into a few salient points and argue those concisely.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Moby

I couldn't stop reading it!!!
I agree that (I believe) King George was in power but the article was so good I put it on my FB page and sent an email to my contacts.

Today...our constitution is being trampled on so much it is in danger of being ignored.

So many forget it is this one single document that made this country the only truly free nation in the world. No where else on earth do you have the freedoms we have. And other nations and their citizens would like to see our freedoms end.
“A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington
US Coast Guard 76-86 Semper Paratus
Old May 19, 2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Paul B.

"Today...our constitution is being trampled on so much it is in danger of being ignored."

I disagree. it think it is being totally ignored by the powers that be.
Paul B.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Polinese

Large cities aside where people are practically raised from birth to be submissive, I find most LEO's (including myself) think more along those lines. Rather than being the oppressive government army we're constantly accused of being.