The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 31, 2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Erik Prins

Fn F2000

has anyone here shot one of these? It looks like it would be fairly handy and it is cool looking to boot. Just wondering if it shoots as good as it looks
http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=182
Old December 24, 2009, 01:10 AM   #2
RattleSnake Jake

To answer your question from some time ago.... Yes I shot one of them the other day. A guy at the range had one, one pit over. When he saw that we were shooting AR15, he brought over his FN F2000 and asked if we were interested in trying it out.

First impression. It was weird looking and I thought somewhat simular to an AUG. When I shot it, the trigger was crumy and felt like the AUG's trigger. Heavy w/o a crisp break. Mounting the weapon was different from an AR15.

From that point, I liked a lot of the features. The more I think about it, the more I think I'd like to own one. At my local police supply house, they have an F2000 for about $2200.

Maybe after Christmas and if they still have it and if I still think that I can't live w/o it, I'll bring it home with me.

(It'll take some reprograming for me to like the 'bullpup' design. I can be retrained.)

Anyone else tried one and what was your opinion?

To Lazy to Work
To Nervous to Steal
To Jelous to Pimp

NRA Lifer
Old January 2, 2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Silvanus

Sorry, I have no first hand experience with that rifle. But a very good friend of mine and shooting buddy had the chance to shoot one while he was in Afghanistan (from the Belgian SF) and he loved it. He had only good things to say about it and said all that fuzz about bullpup triggers is not such a big deal in the real world. Accurate hits up to 300 meters are no problem at all. The SF guys like it a lot too. They completely switched from the FNC to the FN2000.

My friend was no stranger to bullpup rifles though, the Luxembourg Army uses the Steyr AUG. With which shooting at 300 meters was ridiculously easy also according to him...

Bullpups may not have match type triggers, but they work well for combat shooting.
Old January 2, 2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Microgunner

I own a FS2000. The semi-auto only version of the F2000. It was weird to handle until I added the Monolith Arms fore stock and a vertical grip. Major improvement. I find it much clumsier and more difficult to manipulate than the AR-15. Wish I'd bought (2) more ARs instead. Looks cool though and draws lots of attention. Has been uber reliable.
Old January 3, 2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Spartan23

Its a nice gun. It has the advantages and disadvantages of bullpup design but if you feel comfortable with it, i believe it would be OK.

F2000 was one of the few guns that passed the Hellenic Army's 5.56 Rifle Evaluation program. But for political reasons, politicians choose the G36, and later they cancel the contract, but that's another story.

I was reading in a magazine, a presentation of the gun, from a journalist who testes it during the test, and he give it a good review, while he mentioned of course the advantages and disadvantages that every bullpup has anyway.

Personally i find F2000 cool looking, but too plastic. I can imagine how to field strip this gun. Well, nothing is like the AK that you can field strip it with eyes closed.
Old January 3, 2010, 04:45 PM   #6
docpadds

We are seeing an increase in folks wanting them, but all have been private individuals, so far no law enforcement interest yet. I think some of the people who have bought them have purely gone for them because they are different and do stand out.

I have limited experience shooting them but they are nice enough to shoot though i feel you would need quite a bit of time if you're coming from an AR etc over to it, the whole feel is different and takes time to get used to. But standing on its own it is a good firearm and very easy to get quite addicted to.
Old January 3, 2010, 08:45 PM   #7
jmorris

They are perfect for reloaders the brass falls into a pile just behing the muzzle. If you have a malfunction and need to clear it quick your dead meat.
Old January 4, 2010, 01:04 AM   #8
Willie Lowman

Quote:
If you have a malfunction and need to clear it quick your dead meat.
Can be said for any weapon system I guess.

Is that what the little door on the back of the rifle is for, clearing jams?
Old January 7, 2010, 09:16 AM   #9
Microgunner

Yes, and visual inspection of the breech/chamber. "They" call it the toilet seat.