The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 17, 2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Gary H

.45acp: Starline or Remington +P

I'm thinking of loading all my full power loads in nickel cases so that I can more closely keep track of number of reloads etc. I usually load IMI in this caliber, but when searching at Midway USA I found only Starline or Remington in +P. Should I expect the Remington +P to be a stronger case than the Starline? Is there less internal volume in a +P case? Thanks..
Old August 17, 2005, 05:43 PM   #2
Russ5924

I think you will find out that the nickle cases won't last as long as the normal brass in +p. But then shooting any high pressure load will shorten the life of any case.
Old August 17, 2005, 05:48 PM   #3
Gary H

Yes, I know that I should expect fewer reloads. I won't be loading +P pressures, just stout .45 ACP pressures. I'll give up the greater life for being able to keep the brass separate from my mid-power reloaded brass. I've tried different inks to mark the cases, but this is easier and won't be negated when I tumble the brass. Inks come off.
Old August 17, 2005, 07:07 PM   #4
CaptainRazor

I think you'll find either of those manufacturers to be of good quality.

If it where me, and it came down to those 2 choices, I'd go with the cheaper of the two.