Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 1, 2014, 11:57 PM   #51
Microgunner

Yep, troll.
Old December 2, 2014, 09:51 AM   #52
Hawg

Quote:
Yep, troll.
Or young and wants to sound knowledgeable on something he knows nothing about. If so it didn't work.
Old December 4, 2014, 06:10 AM   #53
creepyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper
I still think you really have no idea what you're talking about, and your explanations don't make it any better
maybe you shouldn't be doing the thinking and leave that to someone else instead?
of course the muzzle flip reduction is not going to be as noticeable on the .22 as on larger ammo, i just mentioned 22lr sub-sonic ammo in reference to simulating the sound of shooting with a real suppressor, or at least a real suppressor that's wearing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgunner
Yep, troll.
so when you can't win an argument against someone because you can't respond to their arguments, you just call them a troll? who's trolling who?

there seems to be strong negativity toward fake suppressors in the shooting community, not sure what's that all about. must be some sort of mass hysteria or something. whatever it is, i haven't heard a single convincing argument against fake suppressors. it's just another accessory to me. if you want one, get one, if you don't then don't. what's the big deal.
let's face it, fake suppressors have a real purpose and that purpose is they make your gun look like you have a real suppressor on.

Last edited by creepyNinja; December 4, 2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old December 4, 2014, 12:49 PM   #54
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyNinja
Quote:
I still think you really have no idea what you're talking about, and your explanations don't make it any better
maybe you shouldn't be doing the thinking and leave that to someone else instead?
of course the muzzle flip reduction is not going to be as noticeable on the .22 as on larger ammo, i just mentioned 22lr sub-sonic ammo in reference to simulating the sound of shooting with a real suppressor, or at least a real suppressor that's wearing out
Yes, and your mention of shooting .22 subsonic ammo unsuppressed in reference to the sound of shooting a real suppressed .22 shows you don't really know what you're talking about. Also, your mention of a .22 silencer wearing out also shows you don't know what you're talking about: it's almost impossible to wear out a modern .22 silencer.

Quote:
i haven't heard a single convincing argument against fake suppressors.
Are you joking here? Comments like this are what have people convinced you're a troll. Many people have pointed out the disadvantages of a fake silencers, including me way back in post #29.
Old December 4, 2014, 03:54 PM   #55
Microgunner

I think you should buy two faux suppressors. One to poop on, the other to cover it up with.
Old December 6, 2014, 09:17 AM   #56
cryogenic419

Wow this thread got way off track.

Will it completely hide all muzzle flash? Probably not.

As for the rest. If fake suppressors were truly an accuracy aid they would be marketed as such and rest assured the price on them would most likely double.

If somebody wants to put a fake suppressor on their octagon railed, dual flashlight, laser equipped, red dot optic and scope mounted, vertical gripped, bi-podded, tactical Ipad mounted, 30 pound AR rifle...so be it. The money they spend on accessories helps keep the economy going.
Old December 6, 2014, 03:25 PM   #57
Snyper

Quote:
i haven't heard a single convincing argument against fake suppressors.
I haven't heard anything that convinces me you have a clue

Quote:
let's face it, fake suppressors have a real purpose and that purpose is they make your gun look like you have a real suppressor on.
The only purpose of a fake supressor is to seperate fools from their money
Old December 6, 2014, 05:00 PM   #58
Microgunner

Quote:
And a giant oversized easy to remove thread protector. Thread protector for the geriatric crowd.
Old December 6, 2014, 05:27 PM   #59
jaguarxk120

The best story about the fake suppressors was from a guy that had a fire.

The fire dept. found the gun with the suppressor on it -- the police got involved big time, then the FBI and the BATF.

It seems that no one could determine that it was a fake -- took over six months to get his gun back.
Old December 6, 2014, 11:08 PM   #60
Snyper

Quote:
And a giant oversized easy to remove thread protector. Thread protector for the geriatric crowd.
LOL

It would be hard to misplace one
Old December 8, 2014, 05:22 AM   #61
creepyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard
it's almost impossible to wear out a modern .22 silencer
when i said simulating the sound of a suppressor being fired, i was referring to suppressor in general, i never said it had to be a .22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard
Many people have pointed out the disadvantages of a fake silencers, including me way back in post #29.
disadvantages, yes. convincing, no. the keyword here is "convincing"

Quote:
I think you should buy two faux suppressors. One to poop on, the other to cover it up with.
i got you now, that's definitely a troll comment. NOW who's the troll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryogenic419
The money they spend on accessories helps keep the economy going.
that's my thought exactly! if i was a manufacturer of fake suppressors, i wouldn't care what people do with them. as long as they're buying them, i'm gonna keep selling them

Quote:
I haven't heard anything that convinces me you have a clue
that's because you haven't been paying attention to this thread

Quote:
then again, if you're a non-smoker, you can say the same thing about cigarettes. but to a smoker, cigarettes actually have their purposes so this is an invalid point.

wow, this thread actually convinced me that people who have strong negative opinions about fake suppressors are people who tend to follow popular opinions to try to fit in and can't think for themselves

Last edited by creepyNinja; December 8, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old December 8, 2014, 07:34 AM   #62
Microgunner

There's your new motto. Only free thinkers use fake suppressors. Be proud, be loud, but look quiet and full on ninja.

I just got a chill. you?
Old December 8, 2014, 08:59 AM   #63
Snyper

Quote:
wow, this thread actually convinced me that people who have strong negative opinions about fake suppressors are people who tend to follow popular opinions to try to fit in and can't think for themselves
Once again you prove you have no clue

No one has shown any "strong negative opinions" against fake supressors.
The negative opinions are against those who think they have some real purpose other than looking "tacticool"
Old December 8, 2014, 04:10 PM   #64
WV_gunner

The key word in the phrase "fake suppressor" is fake. Fake meaning not real, and basically pointless. They are for people who want the look of a real one but don't have the means of having the real thing. Which happens to be the definition of a poser.
Old December 8, 2014, 04:23 PM   #65
Hawg

I can't believe the mods have let this thread run three pages.
Old December 8, 2014, 04:48 PM   #66
spacemanspiff

Hey c'mon now guys! This new member here is trying to look cool! Why ya'll gotta rain down on his parade? Don't ya remember what it was like when you were young and you were out there trying to impress the chicks? Or dudes, if thats your thing? (No judgment!)

No facades? No peace!
Old December 12, 2014, 08:53 PM   #67
creepyNinja

Quote:
Only free thinkers use fake suppressors.
you know, after reading this thread, that's not far from the truth at all. at least we have the sensibility to realize that a fake suppressor is just another accessory and it's no big deal whether you own one or not

Quote:
No one has shown any "strong negative opinions" against fake supressors.
The negative opinions are against those who think they have some real purpose other than looking "tacticool"
did you just wake up from your nap??? a lot of people are saying fake suppressors are useless.
and what's wrong with making your gun look tacticool when you can't get a real suppressor. if you're a movie producer in california shooting a low budget movie or otherwise and can't or don't want to use the real suppressor, in your narrow-minded opinion, they should still try to get the a real one for their set no matter what? it's a movie set for gods sake, why does it have to be the real thing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_gunner
Fake meaning not real, and basically pointless. They are for people who want the look of a real one but don't have the means of having the real thing. Which happens to be the definition of a poser.
pointless??? what you just said IS EXACTLY the whole point of fake suppressors. they're for people who don't have the means of having the real thing!
so in your world, if a person can't get a real one, they don't deserve to experience what a real suppressor might look or feel like on their weapon without being a poser even though they're not really "posing" for anything? that's cruel man, that's cruel.
hey, as long as they're not "posing" as a police officer trying to pull me over on a dark secluded highway, i'm fine with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg
I can't believe the mods have let this thread run three pages.
on the contrary, i find this thread very informative, unconventional but informative. heck, this is probably the best thread i've ever posted in! i'm having fun doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspiff
Or dudes, if thats your thing? (No judgment!)
another troll trying to change the subject and sound politically correct because he doesn't have anything of value to reply to the discussion.

Last edited by creepyNinja; December 12, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old December 12, 2014, 10:16 PM   #68
Microgunner

Okay, it's time to post pics of this fantasy suppressor.
We might like to bask in it's wonderfulness also.
Old December 13, 2014, 12:05 AM   #69
WV_gunner

A fake suppressor only adds weight and length to a gun. They are solely intended for the people who think they look cool. It would be equal to putting a fake a scope or fake detachable magazine on a gun. If you feel the need to spend your money on one, go for it, no one is stopping you. I don't even own a real can but I don't own a fake one either. A suppressor is a functional device. Buying a fake one defeats the purpose.
Old December 13, 2014, 04:58 PM   #70
Snyper

Quote:
did you just wake up from your nap??? a lot of people are saying fake suppressors are useless.
That's not a negative opinion
That's a statement of fact
Old December 20, 2014, 09:20 AM   #71
creepyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_gunner
A suppressor is a functional device. Buying a fake one defeats the purpose.
how does a fake suppressor defeat the purpose of the real one!? they're 2 different things serving different purposes. one serves to suppress sound on a gun, the other is made to make your gun look cool.
defeating the purpose of a real suppressor would be putting it on a blank gun or a starter gun, then that would defeat the purpose of the gun AND the suppressor. (disclaimer: i'm not sure how well that'll work since no actual bullet is exiting the barrel but you get the idea)
btw, what you do think about blank guns, are they for "posers" too? hey, they're made to look and sound like real guns, therefore they must be for posers, right?

Last edited by creepyNinja; December 20, 2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old December 21, 2014, 03:43 AM   #72
spacemanspiff

Hey! This troll here was merely trying to bring some levity to the conversation and spread a little humor!

Useful input? From this troll, this troll here does not believe ANY usefulness exists at 'making a gun look cool'. If you really absolutely positively no-two-ways-about-it must have a gun that looks cool, why stop at the fake suppressor? Put a fake lever that makes it look like it can shoot full auto! Better yet, do that on an AR with the slidefire installed! Oooooooo You gonna look so super cool with that!

Old December 21, 2014, 05:25 PM   #73
Panfisher

I am currently trying to make a fake grenade launcher to put under my AR. If you gonna look cool don't half do it go all the way.
Old December 23, 2014, 05:40 PM   #74
Glockstar .40

Fake suppressors are like fake cigarettes. If you wanna be the guy standing around with a fake cigarette in your mouth to impress all your friends then by all means do your thing. It's a free country. But don't get offended when you jump on the Marlboro forum and everyone makes fun of you for not inhaling.
Old December 28, 2014, 04:12 PM   #75
creepyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspiff
this troll here does not believe ANY usefulness exists at 'making a gun look cool'
no? tell that to gun manufacturers. believe it or not, some people make their gun purchasing decisions based on form factor among other things. that's why gun manufacturers try to make their guns as appealing as possible. that's how they make $$. but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockstar .40
Fake suppressors are like fake cigarettes.
nah they're not like fake cigarettes. cigarettes are not illegal. try again.

:sigh: why do i bother, can't teach old dogs new tricks...

Last edited by creepyNinja; December 28, 2014 at 04:20 PM.