The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 9, 2008, 09:44 PM   #1
davem

Marlin Semi-auto rimfire trigger pull

Marlin makes a couple of semi-auto rimfires, a clip, a tube magazine, etc but I believe the action is the same. I think the trigger pull is way too heavy- probably a liability issue. In any event, it is possible to have the trigger pull lightened up a bit, it doesn't have to be 2 1/2 lbs, etc, just lighter. Right now it feels like ten lbs- a 5 lb pull would be an improvement.
Old September 16, 2008, 09:43 PM   #2
totalloser

Great little rifles. There are two springs that fight the trigger directly, but neither really has any significant tension. Once the slack is taken up off those two, the sear has to push the HAMMER SPRING to disengage the sear from the hammer and let the hammer fall. This is where most of the tension comes from, and to change it you are faced with the choice of either a lighter hammer spring, or changing the angle on the sear/hammer interface. Neither option really appeals to me, but take a look at it and you will see what I mean. Strangely enough, I have never noticed the trigger to be an issue on any of my model 60's and I have had a few. Maybe they changed the newer ones. (?)

Eh! I just let a couple loose off the back porch. I take that back I guess I just never noticed how heavy that pull is.
Old September 20, 2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Cfish

There are several ways to smooth out and lighten the Model 60 trigger. Check out this thread at rimfire central. rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143780

Last edited by Cfish; September 21, 2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old September 21, 2008, 11:22 AM   #4
.41 rem mag fan

Glenfield MOD 60

Are you guys talking about the Glenfield MOD 60 made by Marlin? I am looking for any drawings for this semi. Thanks.
Old September 21, 2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Cfish

There are schematics for the Marlin Mod 60 at this site . http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sch.../SchemMFG.aspx This is for the newer model. Also check e-gunparts.com for schematics for the old model..

You can also check these images on disassembly at http://hometown.aol.com/arrowdodger/images/

I have a Glenfield Mod 60 (old model) and it appears to be identical to the Marlin.