The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 18, 2004, 11:58 AM   #1
falconer

Kydex Holster for a pre-b CZ75

Does anybody out there make a decent kydex holster for the CZ75? I bought a fobus for my pre-b, but it doesn't fit/work very well. I'm assuming I'll run into this with other makers. Anyone try a Cendex or something with a pre-B?
Old May 18, 2004, 12:25 PM   #2
raz-0

how doesn't it work well? The fobus on the CZ75 is a bit tight, if that is the problem, check out a blade-tech as they have adjustable tensioning.

If the problem is not the holster holding on a bit tighter than you would like, you'll ahve to be more specific about the fit problems you wish to remedy.
Old May 18, 2004, 01:10 PM   #3
falconer

Well, the Fobus is designed for the Beretta 92, and the retention is based on the trigger guard. While the CZ75B and the 92FS have similar trigger guards, the CZ75 trigger guard is a different shape. So you have a gun in a holster that doesn't quite fit right, and the retention doesn't work well. At first it was too tight, once "broke in", the gun would literally fall out if turned upside down.
Old May 18, 2004, 01:26 PM   #4
raz-0

uhm.. fobus makes a cz75 specific holster. When talking molded, always use the right holster for the gun or you'll be sorry. the current fobus cz-75b holster would likely fit better, but it would still probably be loose.

The blade-tech holsters MIGHT work better as the just have kind of a dimple inside the trigger guard and tensioning screws outside rather than form fitted to "clip" onto the front of the trigger guard. From looking at pre-b pics, the inside area of the trigger guard looks similar to b series guards. Unfortunately they are about $60 a pop to find this out.

Leather would be much more forgiving.
Old May 18, 2004, 02:07 PM   #5
falconer

The Fobus CZ75B holster is just a remarked BR-2.
Old May 18, 2004, 02:23 PM   #6
MX5

I bought a Fobus for a CZ75B a year or so ago. I peeled the sticker back and sure enough it's a Beretta 92 holster. For informal shooters and casual range work it's OK, but for competition use it's a poor choice. The best CZ75 holster I have personally seen is the BladeTech.
Old May 18, 2004, 02:32 PM   #7
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I recommend that you buy a new Beretta 92 to fit that holster!
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old May 18, 2004, 02:39 PM   #8
falconer

I recommend you buy me a Glock 34 for a graduation gift. Scratch that, I recommend your step dad buy me a G34 for graduation, seeing as how he gives guns and I am graduating from his alma mater...