The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 19, 2011, 06:42 PM   #1
GLDNDomer

Old Double Barrel Shotgun ID Help

I wasn't sure if this thread should go in shotguns or curios and relics, but I just need help identifying this old double barrel shotgun I found in my grandmother's shed recently. I think it's a parker double barrel with a goulcher lock mechanism. It is missing the left hammer but everything else seems to work. If this can be identified, I would appreciate any value this might bring and how I can determine the gauge. I would also like advice about how to clean this properly. Thanks.

The picture of the barrel is large and I left it as an attachment because I didn't want to force the viewers to scroll horizontally in order to read the post.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg parker shotgun trigger.jpg (99.8 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg parker shotgun barrel.jpg (117.2 KB, 41 views)
Old February 19, 2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

TTBOMK, The Parker Company made only breechloaders. And those were boxlocks, not like this.

This looks like a Muzzleloader.

What markings does it have?

And for safety's sake, establish if it's loaded before doing anything else. Many old shotguns are.....