The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 16, 2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Sixer

What is this?

This thing came along with the Lee Turret press and some other stuff I recently bought. Not sure if it has anything to do with reloading... but if it is, I figured someone here might know.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old March 16, 2009, 02:55 PM   #2
dsv424

Sixer, not sure what that thing is. All I can tell you is when I got my Lee Turret Kit from Kempf's a month ago it didn't have anything like that in the kit. Not even sure what its funtion might be. Sorry can't be of any help.
Old March 16, 2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Sixer

No worries, the guy I bought my reloading stuff from basically threw half of his garage in a huge box and gave it to me... I was thinking that it might be a part of the Auto Disk Powder measure. Maybe like a lever you could attatch to manually dispense the powder. I dunno

On the other hand, it could just be a part off of his lawnmower

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old March 16, 2009, 05:39 PM   #4
cgaengineer

That's a whatchamacallit!!! I haven't seen one of those in years!!

I seriously have never seen anything like that. Put it on eBay for sale as a whatchamacallit it and I bet you will get $15 for it.

List as:

"The original whatchamacallit"
Old March 16, 2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Sam06

Looks like a stock insert for a mini 14
Old March 16, 2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Inspector3711

That is a universe bracket and it's designed to fit over anything that will fit in the U shaped end.

Be careful not to lose it for the other end is attached to the rest of the universe and holds it in place.

Once false move and the universe will become detached from the bracket. Once lost we'll never find it again.
Old March 17, 2009, 03:31 AM   #7
Sixer

Thanks Inspector! Not knowing was driving me crazy

I guess I'll put it on ebay under "whatchamacallit universe holder" and see what happens, lol.