The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 14, 2007, 04:28 PM   #26
Davis

Two words "Black Talon"

Two more words "Cop Killer"

Three more words "Democrat controlled Congress"

Three more words "President Hillary Clinton"

And P99 guy, **** you and your horse. You want to flame me, come on. I have posting nothing as a personal nature towards you. So you're a cop, eh? I'm a Forester. I've been shot at. I've had guns pulled on me. I carry a side arm in the course of my job when it calls. I am President of my own firm. In no way did I personally attack you. Library my ass. Grow up.

Davis
Old August 14, 2007, 04:36 PM   #27
Manedwolf

I don't really see it being banned except on a state level. The federal government has a vested interest in keeping a good relationship with FN.

MA is probably going to ban the FiveseveN, probably CA and IL, but otherwise...nah. They've been making noises about banning the TT-33 for a long, long time, never happened.
Old August 14, 2007, 06:23 PM   #28
Medula Oblongata

Davis-

Three words: "Loose the attitude."

I have found everyone of your posts to be confrontational in a personal sort of way. So someone doesn't happen to agree with your position on the 5.7x28mm weapons system; and you seem to be unreasonably unable to come to grips with the fact that someone else has a differing opinion.

Another four words: "Loose the curse-words." According to the rules of the site "2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is quite unwelcome here."

What would you consider "F***you and your horse!" ??? [FYI, I've reported this post] Regardless if you think you were justified, the fact remains that you were the one that digressed to swearing towards others. I think you should grow up, too!

Another three words "Assault-weapons Ban..." EXPIRED! Didn't realize that? OR are you still hunkered down waiting for Comrade Bush to re-authorize it???

Here's a fact, fellas. Let the anti's create a buzz word; its OK as it helps us determine who's a gun-banner...Then we need to take that word and make it our own! Use it so much and so often that it looses the stigma that the libtards would attach to it. I rather like the words 'assault rifle...' Sounds.. eeeevvviiiillllll... And what did we learn from 80's Heavy Metal music??? eeeevvvviiiillll is COOL!!!
Old August 14, 2007, 06:45 PM   #29
panzermk2

My 5.7 serves me well and I have complete faith in it's ability to diswade bad guys from continuing their behavior towards me.
Old August 14, 2007, 07:05 PM   #30
Davis

Hey, Madula, take my advice already. Read all my posts and get over it. Get a life, too. I made no personal attacks to anyone. But then, why on the world would I give a rat's butt about your opinion? Frankly, I don't.
Old August 14, 2007, 07:08 PM   #31
ShipWreck

It is amazing that every one of these threads has the same anti-five seven guys (guys that do not even own a five seven weapon). And, these guys take it upon themselves to come start problems.

IF U don't like the round, fine - stay out of these threads. Now, this thread will probably be locked, and once again, it is a carbon copy of all the other five seven threads that spur debate...
Old August 14, 2007, 07:32 PM   #32
Davis

Ah, so these posts should be populated only by those who are enamored by the round? Put on the blinders, eh? Only adulation, eh? Okay. Worry not, I shall no longer denigrate your expensive toy.
Old August 14, 2007, 07:47 PM   #33
panzermk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis

Two words "Black Talon"

Two more words "Cop Killer"

Three more words "Democrat controlled Congress"

Three more words "President Hillary Clinton"

And P99 guy, **** you and your horse. You want to flame me, come on. I have posting nothing as a personal nature towards you. So you're a cop, eh? I'm a Forester. I've been shot at. I've had guns pulled on me. I carry a side arm in the course of my job when it calls. I am President of my own firm. In no way did I personally attack you. Library my ass. Grow up.

Davis

Pretty clear who started and continues the personal attacks.

It does help if you have some understanding of what going on, but I think you do. Davis you are just bent on causing problems on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis
Ah, so these posts should be populated only by those who are enamored by the round? Put on the blinders, eh? Only adulation, eh? Okay. Worry not, I shall no longer denigrate your expensive toy.

Priced a HK or a Sig lately?
Old August 14, 2007, 08:04 PM   #34
ShipWreck

Quote:
When the same guys attack it on EVERY single thread that comes up, it gets pretty old. Especially when U don't have all the facts, AND, you are not even nice in this thread. You are attacking the members here, both overtly and subtly.
Old August 14, 2007, 08:22 PM   #35
Davis

Shipwreck, I don't attack on every single thread. You seem to be offended. Got your feelings hurt? Wish more people liked it? Any windmills you might want to joust?
Old August 14, 2007, 08:23 PM   #36
Davis

By the way, the personal attacks started with the juvenile "library" comment. Check it out.
Old August 14, 2007, 08:24 PM   #37
Davis

And, it really is odd, panzer, that you seemed to have created an account solely to add your 2 cents worth.
Old August 14, 2007, 08:28 PM   #38
KChen986

Perhaps a more thoughtfully put critique on how listing the armor penetrating capabilities of the civilian 5.7 round would be more appropriate? =]
Old August 14, 2007, 08:47 PM   #39
panzermk2

yeah and your point? adding my 2 cents worth. I usually just read threads on this forum until they turn into this. In the past I never felt like posting.

SO buy your standards I am not allowed to post? Only your opinion counts?

at least I own one and know what I am talking about.

Last edited by panzermk2; August 14, 2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old August 14, 2007, 08:49 PM   #40
panzermk2

at 398 you no bigtime poster either so who are you to talk

Last edited by panzermk2; August 14, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old August 14, 2007, 09:03 PM   #41
ShipWreck

Davis you really need to grow up and move on.
Old August 14, 2007, 09:22 PM   #42
Davis

Yeah, but I've been here a while, as opposed to you. Know what you are talking about? What on earth have you said that was anything other than your faith in your platform? Ship, give it a rest, your sad piling on is of little value.
Old August 14, 2007, 09:28 PM   #43
ShipWreck

OK, I have a solution for everyone - anyone who wants to continue with this thread - we'll just ignore Davis's posts from now on. - His posts don't mean anything anyway.

If anyone has an legitimate five-seven discussions, please post them.
Old August 14, 2007, 09:28 PM   #44
Medula Oblongata

Davis-

I read your little rant... Every one in every thread about the 5.7x28mm (I feel 10 IQ points dumber, btw). You still have not addressed the issue. All you do is attack other people. Have any facts you'd like to share? Any wisdom you'd like to pass on?

Didn't think so.

You are nothing more than an anti-5.7x28mm bigot AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN ONE OF YOUR OWN NOR HAVE YOU EVER FIRED ONE!!! LMAO!!! What knowledge do you have of the weapons system outside what you've read on arf.com and all the other 'if it ain't an AR or a 1911, it ain't worth spit' type sites? Have you personally seen what the caliber is capable of in both laboratory conditions and real-life testing? Have you ever even read Doc. Facklers reasearch? I SINCERELY DOUBT IT, ALL YOU'VE READ IS EXCERPTS POSTED BY PEOPLE WHO PLAGEURIZED THE INFORMATION FROM A LEXUS/NEXUS SEARCH. NEVER, NOT ONCE, HAS ALL OF MARTY FACKLERS RESEARCH BEEN POSTED OUTSIDE OF THE TRADE PUBLICATION AS ITS COPYRIGHTED. In order to actually read what Dock Fackler wrote you would have to join a trade association that charges several THOUSAND dollars per year to belong. And that's only if you qualified for membership! Lacking an MD and specialization in Pathology, its highly unlikely that the International Wound Ballistics Association would have anything to do with you.

You pretending to have any knowledge about the weapon or cartridge is just like saying "Burger King has the best hamburger because J.D. Power (and associates) says so through their testing!!!" Did you ever wonder who was paying J.D. Power (and associates) to conduct their survey???

But I'll give you this: You sure are humurous to read... Yes sir! Its always funnier than all geddout to watch someone make an ass of themselves when attempting to sound authoritative on a subject about which they have no knowledge of!!!

As much as it pains me to admit (cause' I hate his guts) Shipwreck is completely right about you and your cronies... :barf:
Old August 14, 2007, 09:59 PM   #45
Davis

Oh, I have fired one. My brother-in-law purchased one in Texas. His is the first model with the winter trigger guard. Yeah, it has really light recoil. It punches tiny holes with other effects. Blah blah blah blah blah. That is all beyond the point. I'm even willing to accept that conventional wisdom about the round could be wrong. I would rather, though, for folks on these boards which are monitored by the enemy to avoid boasting too much about shooting through body armor as it DOES OUR SIDE NO GOOD AT ALL.

Try actually reading, you know, with your eyes open even if it means you have to move your lips, the posts I have actually made. No, I'm not in the least impressed by the FN, particularly since FN originally arrogantly said it would not be for civilians at all and directed dealers not to sell them to us. I frankly have no use for one but, and this might be tough for those with reading comprehension difficulties, I have already said I don't mind in the least for folks to own one and like them.

But, then, that might be a bit beyond the intellect of some.

Oh, and by the way, Medula, what on earth are you talking about here?

"You are nothing more than an anti-5.7x28mm bigot AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN ONE OF YOUR OWN NOR HAVE YOU EVER FIRED ONE!!! LMAO!!! What knowledge do you have of the weapons system outside what you've read on arf.com and all the other 'if it ain't an AR or a 1911, it ain't worth spit' type sites? Have you personally seen what the caliber is capable of in both laboratory conditions and real-life testing? Have you ever even read Doc. Facklers reasearch? I SINCERELY DOUBT IT, ALL YOU'VE READ IS EXCERPTS POSTED BY PEOPLE WHO PLAGEURIZED THE INFORMATION FROM A LEXUS/NEXUS SEARCH. NEVER, NOT ONCE, HAS ALL OF MARTY FACKLERS RESEARCH BEEN POSTED OUTSIDE OF THE TRADE PUBLICATION AS ITS COPYRIGHTED. In order to actually read what Dock Fackler wrote you would have to join a trade association that charges several THOUSAND dollars per year to belong. And that's only if you qualified for membership! Lacking an MD and specialization in Pathology, its highly unlikely that the International Wound Ballistics Association would have anything to do with you."
Old August 14, 2007, 10:13 PM   #46
Medula Oblongata

What am I talking about???

The fact that you know nothing of what you speak!

Yet you continue to flap your fingers over the keyboard as if you actually have something intelligent to say or something of substance to add! Its amazing, actually...

Oh, and again to refute your claim of 'snobbiness' from FN not selling to us poor peasants.. WRONG!!!

That was BATFE. You see, anyone who imports a firearm has to prove (and get a certification from) to the BATFE that the weapon is 'particularliy suited for sporting purposes.' Lacking that certification, THEY MAY NOT BE SOLD TO ANYONE OTHER THAN .MIL AND LE.

So, once again you are proving your total and complete ignorance to the topic at hand.. And BTW, the new model (the USG) was adapted with the 'winter trigger guard,' cause' the origional models with their rounded 'ergonomic' trigger guard made shooting with winter gloves difficult.
Old August 14, 2007, 10:30 PM   #47
Davis

You are babbling to yourself. I have an idea. You have made some pretty wild and ignorant statements about what I actually have said about your idol. Do a search on what I have actually said about the Five seveN (such a snazzy way to spell it, eh?). Try it. You might really be surprised. In any case, wipe the drool off your chin.

By the way, eh, the original trigger guard was to facilitate gloved hands, not the other way around.
Old August 15, 2007, 12:19 AM   #48
Medula Oblongata

The origional trigger guard was designed for gloved hands BUT DIDN'T FIT HEAVY WINTER GLOVES, HENCE THE NEW DESIGN.

Speaking of babbling, you sound like a brook (ya know what I mean, a little stream..in this case a stream of BS).

Still, as of your last post, you have yet to put up ONE SINGLE FACT. Not one. All you have done is attack people.

Here's a fact for you: "After wrestling with a pig in the mud for a while, you come to realize that the pig actually likes it."

I'm done with you and you're absolutely retarted attitude. You are one of those that would scream 'milk is black' if someone said it was white... Especially if that milk came from "Snooty Belgium" and was packaged in a high capacity, low lactose container.

One last point. I have figured out why you hate the gun so much... Yup, you're too poor to be able to afford one!!! LMAO ROFL!!! P99GUY was probably right, too... About having to use the library computer...
Old August 15, 2007, 12:47 AM   #49
p99guy

there is a reason they count against you on a MMPI phycology test if you answer yes to "I think I would like to be a Forest Ranger" lol

Last edited by p99guy; August 15, 2007 at 01:41 AM.
Old August 15, 2007, 05:43 AM   #50
Davis

That's silly and, well, worse than silly, idiotic. Not only should Medula make an attempt to check time/date stamps (hint no libraries open then or now), he should make the smallest effort to read what I have said on the subject as I have said nothing for which he seems so offended. I am beginning to wonder just exactly he does with his toys at night, alone, with nothing else left to comfort him. I have stated time and again that I don't mind other folks buying them. I have no use for them but am not on some Quixotic crusade against them. But doing even the smallest amount of research is beyond his abilities I suppose.

P99, if you wish to insult an entire profession (and get it right, Forester not forest ranger) fine by me, but perhaps you should do it with correct spelling? Come on, I would think from such scholarly adepts that you two would do a better job than this.