The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Closed Thread

Old August 6, 2016, 12:30 PM   #26
Skans

I don't see anything wrong with the way they are handling the Mini-14. Nothing worse than how Hannibal Smith might handle it.
Old August 6, 2016, 06:25 PM   #27
johnwilliamson062

Well, when you put it that way...

I wonder if anyone has ever edited down some A-team footage into a training video. I'd buy it. Watch a bad 30 second youtube commercial before viewing at the very least.
Old August 6, 2016, 06:41 PM   #28
Model12Win

I like French people. They have cute girls and good food/wine. It's a shame they're having... issues... over there, but it appears the trusty Ruger Mini-14 is at the ready to defend the nation. I think that's pretty cool.
Old August 6, 2016, 07:48 PM   #29
turtlehead

Do the rifles really need sights and slings if they're just going to be dropped anyway?
Old August 6, 2016, 10:10 PM   #30
fourbore

You know what makes me laugh? When I see a modern western with actors imitating swat style gun handling. Who is kidding who? Hollywood. There is more than the way a man carries his gun for judging his abilities. In a few years it is bound to all change. The carry dejour. No big deal. There is no style that will substitute for practice and courage.

I would cut the french police some slack. Seriously.
Old August 7, 2016, 07:53 AM   #31
lockedcj7

I really want to love the Mini-14 but just can't. I've owned several and none were accurate enough to enjoy. If it was as accurate as my ARs, I would pay a little more just for the cool factor.

Up until a few months ago I had never bought a new gun online or special ordered one. I virtually always buy used but decided that I really wanted a Ruger 10-22 International with the walnut stock. Had to pay a premium price but I'm glad I did.
Old August 7, 2016, 03:43 PM   #32
Model12Win

Quote:
Do the rifles really need sights and slings if they're just going to be dropped anyway?
Wow, look how cute and original you are.

I don't know if you've noticed lately, but France is having a hell of a time.

Their police force is doing good work. I don't see any of their officers dropping their weapons and running.
Old August 7, 2016, 03:48 PM   #33
turtlehead

Oh come on. It's a thread about Rugers AND the French. Do you really think I'm going to pass up on that?
Old August 8, 2016, 06:52 AM   #34
agtman

Quote:
I don't know if you've noticed lately, but France is having a hell of a time. Their police force is doing good work. I don't see any of their officers dropping their weapons and running.
As long as they can find Americans to save them, the French will survive - even if they're dropping rifles and sprinting backwards, ... or not.

Yep, we've been doing that superhero gig with France since like, what?, - 1917?

Just look for a few U.S. service guys on a train or bus somewhere, maybe passing through on assignment or just visiting.

No doubt they'll be reading this entertaining magazine.

Last edited by agtman; August 8, 2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old August 9, 2016, 10:39 AM   #35
fourbore

Not much the US can do to protect France from Muslim, immigration and naturalized, home grown terror. We can watch and learn, or go down the same road here. You can also vote in November.
Old August 9, 2016, 05:19 PM   #36
Glenn E. Meyer

The thread has wandered into silly humor.

Closed.