The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 7, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
OfficerJohnson10

Glock Barrel in a SW9VE

Hello,

I own a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9ve (second generation Sigma) and am looking to put in a ported or threaded barrel with compensator. I have looked around and can not find either a ported or threaded barrel for the 9ve. I know that the sigma is very similar to the Glock 19 and I am wondering if a ported or threaded barrel from a Glock 19 would work in the 9ve. I have read that others have dropped Glock barrels into Sigmas and they have fit but did not fire the handgun. Does anyone have knowledge of this switch being done and being successful or better yet, where I might be able to get a ported or threaded barrel for a 9ve? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies.
Old February 7, 2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Harry Bonar

Dear Sir:

Sir:
I don't think I'd try changing bbls unless it's the correct one - you could get into headspace problems, and more.
However, the 9X19 does have enough high pressure gas to work a compensator! If you could find the correct bbl it would benefit you.
I was shooting Redhawk the other day and I found the recoil very pleasureable! We're doing African rifles - (.3X62, 9.3X64 and 416 Taylor and I slso find these exhilarating to shoot - maybe it's my age 7+ that's affecting me - I could be losing it
Harry B.
Old February 10, 2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Sig_trig

Their is an outfit that makes ported barrels for the sigmas its fire dragon or something like that.
Never mind its jsut for the .40

https://www.efkfiredragon.com/categories.php?cat=3