The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 19, 2011, 04:15 PM   #1
TimW77

Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure on a Dillon 650 Press

Has anyone used the Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure on a Dillon 650 Press?

Don't have any problem with my Dillon 650 or the Dillon powder measure but...

I have developed a lot of loads using the Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure. Have also modified some disks to drop the charge I want.

Would like to be able to continue using my Lee measures.
Old January 19, 2011, 05:33 PM   #2
GP100man

If it`ll adjust to do the job ???
Old January 19, 2011, 06:47 PM   #3
oldreloader

It might not be a good thing to post pics of the hybred. Might cause some of these guys to hyperventilate!! LOL
Old January 21, 2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Brian10

The Auto-Disk powder measure is easy to adapt. I'm sure you can get it to work. I have one working on my Hornady LNL AP.
Old January 21, 2011, 08:10 PM   #5
TimW77

Let's try again...

Has anyone ACTUALLY used the Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure on a Dillon 650 Press?
Old January 21, 2011, 10:08 PM   #6
forty5

Yes it works fine. It is a little tight fit and it is a little hard to remove the powder reservoir so that you can change disks and dump the powder. Other than that it will work fine once you get it adjusted.
Old January 22, 2011, 11:23 AM   #7
howlnmad

I've seen one mounted on the 550B. Not being a Dillon user, I don't know the difference between that and the 650.
Old January 24, 2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Jerry11826

I have used one on a 550. No problem. Can't see why the 650 would be any different!

Jerry
Old November 19, 2012, 03:27 PM   #9
Motorcycle_dan

Lee auto disc on a Dillon 650

Yes, I use one. The one with the return spring works fine. I recommend using one of the auto disc risers to get it a little higher. I position the reservior over the center of the dies, so it shifts toward the user as it bells the case and drops powder.

Just today had one of the return springs break and fly off to parks unknown. Thought I'd use one of my other auto disc with the pull chain. Drilled appropriate sized hole in the Dillon powder reset arm. Put the Lee auto disc and extender but the reservior is backwards for the reset chain. This is causing some problems with the Dillon primer tube. Won't let the powder measure lid stay on and tends to scrape the side of the measure.

Any thoughts for correction? Thinking I may be able to use without the extender but not sure. I'd like to do it with the powder measure reservior on the inside then have the reset chain go down the middle of the press. Possibly a washer with pull chain tab or something under the shell plate. I'm still thinking about it. I've been known to engineer a great new way to do something only to have someone else say, why didn't you just move it here...

Thoughts or comments appreciated.
And why do you ask would I put a Lee measure on a Dillon? Because it is more consistent and I know what to go back to in order to duplicate a load.