The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 19, 2004, 01:58 AM   #1
GASCHECK

BROWNING PARTS? Eventually!

What has happened to the good Browning service? Last August, I needed an extractor for my .22 auto rifle. I ordered other parts I really didn't need but wanted to replace. (springs etc.). Well I got the "other parts" but no extractor. I called and they said in October. I just called today and they said they didn't know when! A fine state of affairs! No parts for a gun still being made. I should have told her to call Belgium and see what was going on, but I didn't think of it. Can't cost that much, they must have a company direct line anyway. Phooey!!
Gascheck
Old October 19, 2004, 08:52 AM   #2
auto45

You might try MidWest Gun Works, they may have the part you need.
Good Luck
Old October 20, 2004, 06:02 PM   #3
bountyh

Or buy a Ruger MkII. They sent me a replacement bolt in about three days no charge.
Old October 22, 2004, 10:17 PM   #4
Alfadog

GASCHECK's experience matches my experience with Browning parts and service exactly. They're now on my "I'll never buy another one" list.
Old October 23, 2004, 12:27 AM   #5
GASCHECK

Browning Parts

Well, it's kind of hard to regret buying a rifle that has performed without a stutter since the late '50's!
The Browning concerned is a rifle. And I have a MkI Ruger anyway. I would like to find out how to go around their customer service and complain to some big shot. Maybe even in Belgium!
I agree that Ruger's service is super. I have several. But I have other issues with them.
Thanks for the comebacks!
Gascheck
Old October 30, 2004, 07:39 PM   #6
Wallew

BROWNING INTERNATIONAL S.A. © 2003 - Parc industriel des Hauts-Sarts, 3ème Avenue, 25, B-4040, HERSTAL, BELGIUM

If your question still remains unanswered, please call our Consumer Department directly at: 800.333.3288 or 801.876.2711

Note they are the same as the CUSTOMER SERVICE dept, which is located in Morgan, Utah

Customer Service
One Browning Place
Morgan, UT 84050
800-333-3288
801-876-2711

Can't FIND phone number on their website. Their international website is ABSOLUTELY worthless. Maybe you could get a direct number from these people.

I ALWAYS start with the PRESIDENT of the company. You'll never talk to him, but if you are NICE to his secretary/assistant, you MIGHT get the service you are seeking.

On the other hand, there is ALWAYS the 'Squeeky Wheel Gets the Grease' syndrome. SO complaining loudly and often will SOMETIMES produce the results you are looking for. You still need to be nice, but persistent.

Finally, a Priority Mail Letter that HAS to be signed for, return reciept requested MIGHT also produce results.

Good Luck!