The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 21, 2011, 02:30 PM   #1
358Apollo

Need info on a Mini Inline

Hi,
I was given this mini inline but I can not find any info on it. It shoots great. It is .32cal. The barrel is marked "First Shot and the action is marked "Marathon Products. Has anyone else seen one? I would like to know history, value etc. Thanks
Here are the pics...
http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g453/ksearles62/
Old March 22, 2011, 11:40 AM   #2
arcticap

I found the info. below by using Google. The manufacturer Santa Barbara also made center fire rifles that were distributed by Marathon Products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDOSF&A(25-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 03/10/2007 at 05:37:58
MARATHON PRODUCTS, INC. (Wethersfield, CT.) is listed in the 25th Anniversary of "Blue Book of Gun Values". There firearms were manuactured by Santa Barbara Armaments of Spain, between 1985 - 1987. Note: If you disassemble your rifle, you should find the year it was manufactured just ahead of your serial #,on the bottm side of the barrel(most likely "86" ("1986")). Not sure of the exact quantity produced (over a hundred by the serial #'s on my three). P.S. I think they used up the some surplus stocks from the sub-model ".22 SUPER SHOT" to produce these .32 Cal. Black Powder Only versions, because of no hole under the barrel to store the ram rod. I've found the "RAPID ROD" (a folding ram rod that stores in a belt pouch) by Atsko,Inc. works well with these Pea shooters!

http://www.auctionarms.com/help/foru...ubjectID=14435
Description of a Santa Barbara .270 center fire rifle sold by Marathon Products:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...-rifle-126592/
Old March 22, 2011, 12:21 PM   #3
358Apollo

Thanks for the info. I have this posted and this is the first response I have got. It gives me something to go on. The rifle is a cool little rabbit gun. I wonder if it is worth anything. My dad bought a small lot of them years ago but did not get any info with them. Thanks Much
Old March 22, 2011, 08:50 PM   #4
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358Apollo
I wonder if it is worth anything.
There was one for sale on Guns America a couple of years ago. IIRC it was priced at about $135 - $150 and it took what seemed like a long time before someone apparently bought it. I remember looking it over fondly more than once myself.