The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 15, 2000, 10:01 PM   #1
twoinchgroup52

Anyone know anything about this Colt replica?
Sincerely, Twoinchgroup52.
Old March 16, 2000, 08:50 AM   #2
Joe West

I looked them over pretty good. They have the internals of the Cimarron conversion models. This means they work like C&B models. For a deliberate, smooth shooter, they'll work great and look authentic. If you jerk or push that kind of lockwork too hard, you'll get glitches like we saw at our Shoot Off at Mule Camp last year. They're real nice but like all machinery, you have to stay within it's capabilities.
Joe West

------------------
Old March 16, 2000, 03:30 PM   #3
Kenneth L. Walters

The problem with Cimarron is one of consistent quality. I know people who swear by this brand. The only ones I owned I swore at. Quality seems to vary. The onces that Navy Arms is now importing are, well, REALLY unfortunate. If you want to go first class and money is no object you might look into one by U.S. Firearms. They do beautiful work BUT they ain't cheap!
Old March 16, 2000, 06:24 PM   #4
twoinchgroup52

Thanks guys. I already bought this gun. It's resting in my dealer's safe as we speak. This is one of the new models that supposed to be of higher quality. Made by Uberti and has the new higher front sight so that your shots go more to point of aim. Looks great. Fit and finish look to be excellent. I'm really reaching out for opinions from anyone who has fired this particular gun. The one I purchased is with the 7.5" barrel and is in 38 spl. Sincerely, Twoinchgroup52.