The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 26, 2009, 08:18 PM   #1
gotguns?

having problems with the site refreshing

Just noticed this this week. I can open the website one day and read some posts and close it out, come back the next day open it and the same posts are up from the day before. But if i hit refresh button then it brings up the new posts. same with my suscribed threads i open up and there arent any new posts but if i hit refresh it brings up the new posts
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson
Old August 26, 2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

That's usually a browser problem on your end. You are looking at a cached page. Find the option in your browser that will read something like "refresh on each access". If you're using Firefox, you may want to clear cache when you exit. It's under Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Clear history when Firefox closes; then under settings for that option select cache only (unless you also want to clear other objects as well).
Old August 26, 2009, 10:26 PM   #3
tyme
Staff

Did it just start behaving that way? Maybe a setting in IE was recently changed?

Since you seem to be using IE6, I would start by upgrading to IE8 if at all possible, and if it's still misbehaving, try this:

IE8: In the Tools menu, pick Internet Options. In the window that appears, there's a tab labeled "General", and under that, in a section called Browsing History, there's a "Settings" button. It should be set to "every time I visit the page."
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)