The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 4, 2010, 03:55 PM   #1
VasiliyZaitsev

who makes round nose soft point 6.5mm 140GR

I am trying to locate a manufacturer of these torpedo looking bullets for 6.5x55 sweed.
I just got into reloading and almost always shoot 308 but it has been so much fun I fugure I will load up some for my sweedish mauser. I have seen some of these bullets around but never paid attention who makes them. Any of you guys know???

Thanks in advance
Old November 4, 2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Scorch

Hornady used to be the source ofr them, but there was a post on here a few days ago that Hornady has discontinued them. Try a few reloading suppliers to find some.
Old November 5, 2010, 02:26 AM   #3
Shoney

I used to shoot a lot of Norma 139 gr round nose, but now Lapua Naturalis Bullets {264 Caliber, 6.5mm (264 Diameter) 140 Grain Round Nose Lead-Free} are available.

Why do you want the obsolete round nose bullet?

It used to be believed that the round nose would deflect less through brush, but test after test (many published articles) shows that they actually deflect more than "pointed" bullets. When round nose are compared to spire points, spire points are more accurate and better ballitically.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old November 12, 2010, 02:28 PM   #4
VasiliyZaitsev

Hi Shoney, I guess you're right about roundnose beeing absolete, I just like the look of those old Sweedish rounds, and actually, I can do everything my sweedish does with a 308 much better so I might just sell it after all.

I find the trajectory of 308 with 150 near identical to 140gr Sweed, with more hitting power, now with my newbie handloads, I find better groups and accuracy with 165gr 308 and might just stop there and make it my main hunting /shooting round , plus I absolutely love my CZ550 in 308. I might just forget the Sweed.
Old October 10, 2012, 09:19 AM   #5
wallager57

6.5mm 140 rn bullets.

I have looked everywhere for someone who had a stash of the old Hornadays, Have not been able to find. http://www.hawkbullets.com/Pricelist.htm is a source for 135 grainers, close enough in my book. Great reviews. I like the rn design too. For hunting white tails though with my sweede, I'm using 100 grain Hornaday SPs over 3031. shot 10 yesterday into one hole @ 100 yds, slaps em down like the hammer of Thor :-)