The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 15, 2006, 10:44 PM   #1
legacy94

well after many of hours at the range...

i think i've gotten better.of course it's hard to compare cause my first time was with a different target and different distance.

(this was at 20yds +/- 2 or 3yds)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Part 1 Article 2-A Bearing Arms.
All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.
Old February 16, 2006, 12:09 PM   #2
tjhands

Good job, keep shootin.

I'm confused at the top two pics. Those holes sure don't look like 9mm holes! More like .45 wadcutters. And what does "plastic" mean?
Old February 16, 2006, 01:54 PM   #3
KC135

Do some ball and dummy.
Old February 17, 2006, 02:44 AM   #4
legacy94

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235125

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhands
I'm confused at the top two pics. Those holes sure don't look like 9mm holes! More like .45 wadcutters. And what does "plastic" mean?
the above link will explain more about the ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhands
Good job, keep shootin
thanks. if i could afford it,i'd live at the range

oh btw-got myself another tattoo-http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../newtattoo.jpg
(pic was large so i put in link for it.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.
Old February 17, 2006, 02:27 PM   #5
azredhawk44

Granted, I've never shot the stuff, but that is weird ammo!

How can you discount the possibility of fliers in that ammo? it says that "Case / 3.5-gr. bullet are molded of blue plastic, they separate when fired." Seems like you could get fliers all over the place since the plastic is moulded together. it would probably shoot like an excessively tight crimp.

Try some WWB (winchester white box) from walmart. about $10 / 100, but it is 115gr FMJ real ammo. I'd much rather have 400 rounds of real ammo than 1000 rounds of plastic at 14 foot-pounds energy and accuracy to "50 feet". At 20 yards (60 feet) you will have a lot of fliers with this ammo.

Chances are, this ammo is exaggerating any errors you are making. You may shoot better with real ammo.
Old February 17, 2006, 11:09 PM   #6
legacy94

well the ammo is for practice.the larger holes make it easier for me to see the shots at 10yds.holes from the real ammo is harder for me to see from that distance.

only downfall the ammo has (at least to me) is that i have to manually feed it.

Quote:
Try some WWB (winchester white box) from walmart. about $10 / 100, but it is 115gr FMJ real ammo. I'd much rather have 400 rounds of real ammo than 1000 rounds of plastic at 14 foot-pounds energy and accuracy to "50 feet". At 20 yards (60 feet) you will have a lot of fliers with this ammo.
i recently got about 650rds of WWB ammo.and 100rds of nato 9mm ball ammo.just using up the plastic before using the real stuff.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote: