The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 30, 1999, 10:04 AM   #1
Cindy

I have two long guns that I can't find very much information on. The shotgun is a: "Iver Johnson, Hercules made from about 1920 to 1946" and the rifle is a: "Stevens, 441U2 single-shot". Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get some pricing info for these two off the web? I don't really want to buy a book for just these two guns. I'm not a collector, just someone wanting to sell them. Please help me.

Old October 31, 1999, 06:58 AM   #2
Hal

Cindy,
Check with Harley Nolden's Institute for Firearms Research, that is found under the forum by the same name here at TFL.
Also, if thse are family heirlooms you may want to consider their value as such. Check the above Library link and read Dennis' essay. My Dad gave me a couple of his old cameras. One is an old Polaroid from the 50's. Can't get film anymore for it, and even if I could my skills are pretty dismal.(My wife and I have a roll of film from our honeymoon that is around somewhere. We've been married 18 years).Dad's weren't much better. (Lots of pictures of his finger/thumb). To me it is priceless.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net
Do what you C.A.N.
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/digital/237/can.html