The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old December 14, 2010, 07:33 AM   #51
MLeake

DTGuy, Woodguru, et al...

... on the one hand, I understand what you are saying.

On the other hand, if you hired a charter to fly you out to an island, and I showed up with a turboprop or jet, would you be able to verify I had done a proper pre-flight?

If you couldn't, would you get on the plane? Or would you say, "Sorry family, I don't know enough about airplanes. We'll lose the deposit on the flight and the hotel... at least we don't go to Chuck E Cheese anymore..."

Or would you assume I knew what I was doing, since I was conducting the business, and theoretically had the proper training and licensing to do so?

There are times you have to go on faith, or else you can't function. Either that, or you abstain from an astounding number of the good things in life.
Old December 14, 2010, 10:50 AM   #52
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

We have wondered very far from the original post and the questions of the propriety of using the video in the courtroom.

We are not going to solve the questions of guilt and culpability, here. Nor do I see anyone changing their minds.

Closed for the above reasons.
Closed Thread