The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 23, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1
mrcharlie3531

RUGER LCP .380 sending it back for repair

I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a Ruger .380 LCP. I am having problems with it. I have two factory 6 round mags. When I load the mag insert, pull back the slide back to chamber a round. The mag wants to fall out. It does this only when the mag is loaded. I am using pmc .380 ammo The same issue happens with both mags.

I called ruger gave them the serial number. They told me no problem, no charge to fix it.

I was curious to hear some insight from other forum members. Thanks

Charlie
Old February 23, 2013, 05:13 PM   #2
lee n. field

Sounds like a problem with the magazine release.

Ask, I think they'll send you a UPS shipping label. You don't want to be paying shipping, if you can avoid it. Paying shipping once, on an inexpensive gun, is a fair percentage of your original purchase price. (Handguns need to go next day, and be shipped from a UPS office, not a "shipping store".)

Quote:
I called Ruger gave them the serial number. They told me no problem, no charge to fix it.
Ruger is well known for covering their stuff well. This despite the fact that they deliberately have no written warranty on their guns.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; February 23, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old February 23, 2013, 05:25 PM   #3
DaleA

Ruger has an excellent reputation for standing behind their products. Let us know how it turns out.
Old February 23, 2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Kreyzhorse

Ruger should have sent you a shipping label for the return.

Otherwise, don't sweat it. Sounds like a mag release issue and Ruger will fix it up for you without a doubt.
Old February 23, 2013, 11:16 PM   #5
wingman

Did you try loading 5 or less, most new autos with full capacity fit tight unless slide is back.
Old February 23, 2013, 11:59 PM   #6
Tickling

Welcome to the forum mrcharlie3531

Quote:
Did you try loading 5 or less, most new autos with full capacity fit tight unless slide is back.
This is good advice. I had a similar problem with a Glock 19 at first until things loosened up. If not, Ruger will definitely take care of you.
Old February 25, 2013, 04:30 PM   #7
mrcharlie3531

I called Ruger today they emailed a ups shipping label (Next Day Air) on my dime $30.00. They told me aprx 2 week turn around time. I have been impressed with their customer service. I've call them twice and able to get to a live person in aprx. 5 minutes. Both of the customer service reps have been very professional and knowlegeble.

Thank you for the help. I did try loading 5 rounds with no improved outcome. The same result with 6 and 5 rounds loaded.

Semfer Fi (yes I acutally did four years in the Marine Corps)

Charlie